C++ vs C# [At NIIT]

I am new to programming.. Joined NIIT (Diploma in .Net Technologies).
i am facing some problem.. as i am a commerce graduate. i dont find it easy to learn. teaching staff is a mess not professionals.

Replies

• Sujith Nair
    Sujith Nair
    I am new to programming.. Joined NIIT (Diploma in .Net Technologies).
    i am facing some problem.. as i am a commerce graduate. i dont find it easy to learn. teaching staff is a mess not professionals.
    I want some real advice how to study and concentrate to become a good programmer. although i found interesting to program (Hello World)........
    good tips are welcome. although i want the difference in c++ and c# as both lectures are held i find difficult to understand... any ebooks.
    also NIIT uses turbo c++ which is boring blue screen and notepad with visual studio cmd for C#..

Anyone like me doing or have done this course from NIIT? If so, whats your current status? working or studying??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's sad to hear. However, from my own experience - best learning comes from the self-learning done out of curiosity. That is, instead of relying on teachers; why not just be immensely interested in programming and then grab a recommended book and start coding on your own?

If you face problems; you are free to ask any damn question to our CEans (be it very simple or complex). As you're aware we've totally awesome engineers here who're always willing to help.

Just start.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Addendum: I typed answer before you posted your second discussion. I've merged both the discussions into this single discussion.

Want to add one more recommendation: Don't rely on eBooks. Grab a physical book (start with just one) - buy it (adds to overall seriousness about learning) and start coding.
  • Sujith Nair
    Sujith Nair
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Addendum: I typed answer before you posted your second discussion. I've merged both the discussions into this single discussion.

Want to add one more recommendation: Don't rely on eBooks. Grab a physical book (start with just one) - buy it (adds to overall seriousness about learning) and start coding.
    actually second discussion was a mistake i was typing and i pressed back button ....... sorry..

and sir i respect you.. though ur previous advice has made me easy to take developing course. but howzz .net compared to java? on the opening side which is preffered by most companies????

and a newbie question can you give me tips to learn and understand programming better??????? thanks in advance
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Hello,
    Firstly please don't use SMS language, it doesn't look nice at least on forum like CE ๐Ÿ˜›

Secondly, see whatever you need to learn, it depends on you.

Believe me, whatever you'll learn out of curiosity would be far better than what you'll learn after depending on some faculty in NIIT.

I'm not saying anyone bad here, I'm saying you to be good.

Java vs .net vs PHP, I asked this a while ago, got many answers, each one of us have our own views, may be I'm learning C#, and would say it is better, or I'm doing Java, and say it is better, and so on...

You just need to see what you actually want to do (I'm a confused guy sometimes, I agree)

Take Java if you want to go for Android, and other web stuff etc.. this is just immensely popular, and endless..

Take C#, to go for asp.net and develop website deployed on a windows server.

PHP is again basically for web development.

What I've personally experienced is, I've learnt much more from myself, than any other "physical" faculty or book.

Yes, I do prefer books and I prefer video tuts too..

What I've learn in past one year from net is far more than what I've learnt in school from past 10 years. ๐Ÿ˜”

sad but true.

Ok, leave it. so my advice to quickly learn whatever you want to is, go with video tutorials, they would ensure you that you understand the concepts quickly, then I prefer e-book or a physical book to retain the concepts and revise them.

I've posted some online tuts links here on CE, (I don't have time currently to search for it) but wait, for some time, I'll search for them and send you the links.
  • Sujith Nair
    Sujith Nair
    Sanyam Khurana
    Hello,
    Firstly please don't use SMS language, it doesn't look nice at least on forum like CE ๐Ÿ˜›

Secondly, see whatever you need to learn, it depends on you.

Believe me, whatever you'll learn out of curiosity would be far better than what you'll learn after depending on some faculty in NIIT.

I'm not saying anyone bad here, I'm saying you to be good.

Java vs .net vs PHP, I asked this a while ago, got many answers, each one of us have our own views, may be I'm learning C#, and would say it is better, or I'm doing Java, and say it is better, and so on...

You just need to see what you actually want to do (I'm a confused guy sometimes, I agree)

Take Java if you want to go for Android, and other web stuff etc.. this is just immensely popular, and endless..

Take C#, to go for asp.net and develop website deployed on a windows server.

PHP is again basically for web development.

What I've personally experienced is, I've learnt much more from myself, than any other "physical" faculty or book.

Yes, I do prefer books and I prefer video tuts too..

What I've learn in past one year from net is far more than what I've learnt in school from past 10 years. ๐Ÿ˜”

sad but true.

Ok, leave it. so my advice to quickly learn whatever you want to is, go with video tutorials, they would ensure you that you understand the concepts quickly, then I prefer e-book or a physical book to retain the concepts and revise them.

I've posted some online tuts links here on CE, (I don't have time currently to search for it) but wait, for some time, I'll search for them and send you the links.
    thanks sir.. i will wait for your links....
    and also cam you say which video tutorials is best for me(beginer)?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Sujith Nair
    thanks sir.. i will wait for your links....
    and also cam you say which video tutorials is best for me(beginer)?
    I'm junior to you ๐Ÿ˜€

No sir please ๐Ÿ˜€

Here is a post I posted a while ago here on CE, I hope this help, if you need any further help just ping me up on my profile

#-Link-Snipped-#

And yes, do remember, anything would only help you, if you practice after learning a concept, simply seeing the videos, and reading books, won't do anything.. in the end, only you are the one, who'll be learning.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    @#-Link-Snipped-#
    Since you are Commerce student & you ain't exposed to CS Engineering. Here's something from IIT Bombay Course which will happen soon & it is free!
    Course 1 : #-Link-Snipped-#
    Course 2 : #-Link-Snipped-#

By the way,
    5 days ago Linux Foundation have partnered with edX for free course!
    There are two paths :
    1) Free course : Where course is similar to paid version, but you won't get certificate
    2) Verified course : Course same. Just you'll get certificate & have to appear in exam & pass to get it! Damn I want this but it costs $250 :'(

If you too are interested in learning Linux Development & don't know anything about Linux, then this can be a kickstart.
    Course Link : #-Link-Snipped-#

Link News : #-Link-Snipped-#

PS : Is there any competition in CE which gives me $250 ! ? No matter how hard the competition is, I will rip it apart to get $250 so I can get Certificate of course from Linux Foundation :/

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

American Multinational Information Technology Company, Hewlett-Packard (HP) has rolled out a new low-price Android tablet in their Android device lineup with HP 8 1401. This new product of HP, according...
Now for a space trip, you don't need to be in the Forbes' 'Richest People On Planet' list. Courtesy of University of Surrey and the Oculus Rift: The head mounted...
All of us have seen robots working in industries, assembling smartphones, handing intricate jobs, and in almost all the fields ranging from research to manufacturing and now finally into teaching...
Can crazyengineers be open source
The Boeing flight owned by Malaysian is still missing and the whole episode is turning out to be more mysterious than everyone thought. Several theories have been emerging about what...