c drive not showing when i connect it as a secondary drive..

Dear all,

When i connect my harddisk to other pc as a secondary disk, my boot drive not showing in it.

Please help me............

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moving the thread to CE IT-Help section.
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    There could be one possible reason for this.The version of windows that you are running does not support the file system of your old hard disk.That is why it is not showing you the C drive of old hard disk.
    do a small favor on us.Post window's version and some more details..
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    before anything just check whether the jumper is correctly connected

also if its windows it has to be eirther fat32 or ntfs and both of them are shown i guess dont remmber .... tell us what format of partitions are ur disks
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yes, no_atkt has a point about the jumpers. I believe you must set the secondary hard disk as a slave disk using those.

Please give us more info as LORD_EC and no_atkt had requested! Details are important.. It could also help others who are facing similar problems 😀
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    @Ash
    there is a simple solution to all problems associated with jumper/master/slave phenomenon.
    Choose the hard disk with which you want to boot.Now connect the jumper to the slave of this main hard disk.
    Now do not add any jumper to the other hard disk (neither at master nor at slave).
    This way you can see all the drives without any problems.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Set your favourite video as Wallpaper This is a pretty simple tweak using which you can set any video as your desktop wallpaper. Just follow the steps given below: 1.Download...
Shootout at Lokhandwala - Whats right and whats wrong? My Take on the "underworld" Recently I had seen this new bollywood flick "Shootout at Lokhandwala" which fell into the general...
Avoid Spam in GMAIL - lets keep the inbox clean Are you worried about spam in your precious gmail account ? Its been a quite a time since I've been...
Evolution of the Gaming World What is gaming? Gaming has always been a topic of ridicule amongst the learned people who have considered it as a time pass and nothing...
The Google dream comes true ! P.S.: To see what the google dream was, click here... How it all began... Long since I have traversed (surfed) this vast expanse called...