C-BAND TRANSPONDER in PSLVC-17/GSAT-12 satellite?..

hi guys.
A very happy news was that ,on 15th july 2011, INDIA SUCCESSFULLY LAUNCHED PSLV-C17/GSAT-12 satellite with 12 extended C-BAND TRANSPONDER from sriharikota, Bangalore.
๐Ÿ‘
i'm very happy about that!๐Ÿ˜€. Ok , in that anyone explain me "What is meant by TRANSPONDER ?" & and why are they specifically tell as "C-BAND"-Transponder?..

I'm very eager to know about it...
Your answers are always welcome..

With regards,
SANTHOSH

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to electrical & electronics engineering section for better responses ๐Ÿ˜€

Transponder stands for Transmitter & Responder. C-Band transponders are specifically used in RADAR communications. There's a wikipedia link An/Fps 16 but I guess a communications engineer would be able to explain it to us. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • RRITESH
    RRITESH
    OK , in that anyone explain me "What is meant by TRANSPONDER ?" & and why are they specifically tell as "C-BAND"-Transponder?..
    The transponder in sat. are used to receives and transmit freq. from earth to space.....these freq. are called Up link and Down link freq. it is used in every band ku,C,etc....
    also have look in this link...#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am looking for a new interesting topic to make as my project in LABVIEW, will anyone who has ideas, then please help me regarding the same. ๐Ÿ˜” I am...
First watch this video. The video tell us about how a typical production system works and how does it affects us. This will explain you a lot. And yeah do...
Hey Guys!! I am a final year student pursuing CSE degree... Well here i have some ideas abt my own project... First let me tel u abt my skills... I...
where do i get quest global papers if anybody knows or attends the written test please post them
The SAE update of August 2011 can be read at SAE Update - August 2011 - (1)