Buying low cost Digital Storage Oscilloscope in India(Mumbai) for hobby projects

Hi all,
can any one guide me on buying some low cost DSO in India for personal use,
which brand is good enough for hobby projects in electronics, i hope to find someone who has gone through process of buying a DSO for personal use.

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    DevTejas
    Hi all,
    can any one guide me on buying some low cost DSO in India for personal use,
    which brand is good enough for hobby projects in electronics, i hope to find someone who has gone through process of buying a DSO for personal use.
    What is your budget for the scope and mainly what are basic things that you need in your scope?
    There are some models from Scientific and Rigol I will get some more information and post the model number here.
  • DevTejas
    DevTejas
    Hi Harshad, thanx for your reply 😀

my usage is very basic as of now, i need something around 100Mhz, 1GSa/s Sampling rate and 1M point memory , dual channel ,DS1102E from Rigol fits my specs

But are you aware of any Rigol distributors in India who sells refurbished DSO around 15-20K with good warranty ?
    a used DSO or any Demo piece will work for me as long its in good condition and warranty.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    DevTejas
    But are you aware of any Rigol distributors in India who sells refurbished DSO around 15-20K with good warranty ?
    Manufacturers of Test and Measuring Instruments | Scientific Mes-Technik Private Limited they are distributor for Rigol. We get the same model around in 30K.

DevTejas
    a used DSO or any Demo piece will work for me as long its in good condition and warranty.
    Yes, If your budget is less then that is best option to go with. I also heard that Tektronix also sells such scope.
  • DevTejas
    DevTejas
    Hi Harshad,
    how is your experience on RIGOL DSO, regarding its performance and service, how much warranty you got on it ?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    DevTejas
    Hi Harshad,
    how is your experience on RIGOL DSO, regarding its performance and service, how much warranty you got on it ?
    Performance is ALL GOOD so far. Never get chance to get service in last year. Warranty I have to check and update this post.
  • DevTejas
    DevTejas
    Hi Harshad,
    I asked for quotes from Scientific India, and they said they used to deal with RIGOL but they don't any more, and they have there own SMO DSO's which are around 23K for 70Mhz,
    can you suggest any other Indian dealers in RIGOL ?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    DevTejas
    Hi Harshad,
    I asked for quotes from Scientific India, and they said they used to deal with RIGOL but they don't any more, and they have there own SMO DSO's which are around 23K for 70Mhz,
    can you suggest any other Indian dealers in RIGOL ?
    Oh ! Well then I think you must have to contact on RIGOL official website for this.
  • DevTejas
    DevTejas
    Hi Harshad,
    i finally got a tektronix DSO for 29K 70Mhz,
    but now i need one function generator and i asked for quotes from couple of distributors, and it turns out they are as expensive as DSO !!!!!
    can you suggest some really low cost function generators like in 5-6K range ??
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    DevTejas
    Hi Harshad,
    i finally got a tektronix DSO for 29K 70Mhz,
    but now i need one function generator and i asked for quotes from couple of distributors, and it turns out they are as expensive as DSO !!!!!
    can you suggest some really low cost function generators like in 5-6K range ??
    To be frank no idea for function generator but it should not be that costly.
  • DevTejas
    DevTejas
    man the cheapest quote i got was 20K, and then 38K , 42K,58K
    they are costlier then mobile phones ?
    cant understand this distributors market 😔
  • Sangruddha
    Sangruddha
    Hi Everyone,

Has anyone ever tried Hantek products. I am personally greedy for the model Hantek India Thodukonics 35k its really a nice piece of equipment (From the specs and images on the site). However the only thing that holds me is it has a very low screen res (320x240 according to their spec) but its a 5.7" screen.

Please visit HANTEK INDIA Oscilloscope (Original Hantek) for details
  • DevTejas
    DevTejas
    no haven't tried it yet,
    i asked couple of people in embedded world, they all use tektroniks,
    they said after sales service of companies like HANTEK, GW-INSTEK not that great, were as Tek is the best. i hope it helps 😀
  • Nikhil Malayil
    Nikhil Malayil
    You can get the best product from Siglent with low cost comparitively.
  • Sagar Sawai
    Sagar Sawai

I can help with with this... actually i want to sell my DSO... GW-INSTEK.

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

So I placed my 3rd order this month online (two books and one APC UPS) and began wondering if the eCommerce in India has began eating the lunch from the...
Google has announced that it will be shutting down its programming project hosting service, Google Code. Google Code was launched in 2006 and was one of the first websites that...
With the launch of the new budget smartphone Xiaomi Redmi 2 in India, a lot of people are looking forward to owning one in the upcoming Flipkart Flash Sale scheduled...
From smartwatches to fitness trackers, in this era of era of wearables, researchers from University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) have designed WearSens to track nutrition and food intake. Researchers...
With a mission to study and have a greater understanding of a phenomenon called ‘magnetic reconnection’, United Launch Alliance rocket- Atlas V 421 was successfully launched at 10:44 p.m. EDT...