CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@DevTejas • 13 Mar, 2015
Hi all,
can any one guide me on buying some low cost DSO in India for personal use,
which brand is good enough for hobby projects in electronics, i hope to find someone who has gone through process of buying a DSO for personal use.
@Anoop Mathew • 13 Mar, 2015 @Harshad Italiya
@Harshad Italiya • 13 Mar, 2015
DevTejas
Hi all,
can any one guide me on buying some low cost DSO in India for personal use,
which brand is good enough for hobby projects in electronics, i hope to find someone who has gone through process of buying a DSO for personal use.
What is your budget for the scope and mainly what are basic things that you need in your scope?
There are some models from Scientific and Rigol I will get some more information and post the model number here.
@DevTejas • 13 Mar, 2015 Hi Harshad, thanx for your reply 😀

my usage is very basic as of now, i need something around 100Mhz, 1GSa/s Sampling rate and 1M point memory , dual channel ,DS1102E from Rigol fits my specs

But are you aware of any Rigol distributors in India who sells refurbished DSO around 15-20K with good warranty ?
a used DSO or any Demo piece will work for me as long its in good condition and warranty.
@Harshad Italiya • 14 Mar, 2015
DevTejas
But are you aware of any Rigol distributors in India who sells refurbished DSO around 15-20K with good warranty ?
https://www.scientificindia.com/ they are distributor for Rigol. We get the same model around in 30K.

DevTejas
a used DSO or any Demo piece will work for me as long its in good condition and warranty.
Yes, If your budget is less then that is best option to go with. I also heard that Tektronix also sells such scope.
@DevTejas • 14 Mar, 2015 Hi Harshad,
how is your experience on RIGOL DSO, regarding its performance and service, how much warranty you got on it ?
@Harshad Italiya • 14 Mar, 2015
DevTejas
Hi Harshad,
how is your experience on RIGOL DSO, regarding its performance and service, how much warranty you got on it ?
Performance is ALL GOOD so far. Never get chance to get service in last year. Warranty I have to check and update this post.
@DevTejas • 17 Mar, 2015 Hi Harshad,
I asked for quotes from Scientific India, and they said they used to deal with RIGOL but they don't any more, and they have there own SMO DSO's which are around 23K for 70Mhz,
can you suggest any other Indian dealers in RIGOL ?
@Harshad Italiya • 18 Mar, 2015
DevTejas
Hi Harshad,
I asked for quotes from Scientific India, and they said they used to deal with RIGOL but they don't any more, and they have there own SMO DSO's which are around 23K for 70Mhz,
can you suggest any other Indian dealers in RIGOL ?
Oh ! Well then I think you must have to contact on RIGOL official website for this.
@DevTejas • 08 Apr, 2015 Hi Harshad,
i finally got a tektronix DSO for 29K 70Mhz,
but now i need one function generator and i asked for quotes from couple of distributors, and it turns out they are as expensive as DSO !!!!!
can you suggest some really low cost function generators like in 5-6K range ??
@Harshad Italiya • 08 Apr, 2015
DevTejas
Hi Harshad,
i finally got a tektronix DSO for 29K 70Mhz,
but now i need one function generator and i asked for quotes from couple of distributors, and it turns out they are as expensive as DSO !!!!!
can you suggest some really low cost function generators like in 5-6K range ??
To be frank no idea for function generator but it should not be that costly.
@DevTejas • 08 Apr, 2015 man the cheapest quote i got was 20K, and then 38K , 42K,58K
they are costlier then mobile phones ?
cant understand this distributors market 😔
@Sangruddha • 03 Jun, 2015 Hi Everyone,

Has anyone ever tried Hantek products. I am personally greedy for the model DSO-8060 its a Handheld Oscilloscope/DMM/ Spectrum Analyzer/Frequency Counter/Arbitrary Waveform generator 60Mhz ~ Rs 35k its really a nice piece of equipment (From the specs and images on the site). However the only thing that holds me is it has a very low screen res (320x240 according to their spec) but its a 5.7" screen.

Please visit https://www.hantek.in/ for details
@DevTejas • 04 Jun, 2015 no haven't tried it yet,
i asked couple of people in embedded world, they all use tektroniks,
they said after sales service of companies like HANTEK, GW-INSTEK not that great, were as Tek is the best. i hope it helps 😀
@Nikhil Malayil • 12 Aug, 2016 You can get the best product from Siglent with low cost comparitively.
@Sagar Sawai • 03 Oct, 2018

I can help with with this... actually i want to sell my DSO... GW-INSTEK.

10.8k views

Related Posts

@Ashish Bardhan · Feb 6, 2013

Hi Guys, I'm currently working on Twitter API for my final year Project. The purpose of the project is : Mining Tweets on various Topics with highly efficient and accurate...
6.7k views

@Ankita Katdare · Nov 12, 2013

MAKO Robot developed by Michael Ghandour in Chino, California is fast getting popular as the artificial intelligence bot that can do EVERYTHING. Yep, the multi-lingual robot which is now up...
5.5k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Oct 12, 2015

The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has decided to postpone the testing of Reusable Launch Vehicle - Technology Demonstration (RLV-TD) to 2016. ISRO engineers had scheduled to test the RLV...
4.3k views

@Snekatpure · Oct 19, 2011

How to design water tank using limit state method??
3.8k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jun 16, 2010

By eradicate I mean, make a corruption-free country. Corruption has become such a common word in India that sometimes I feel, after a couple of decades, Kindergarten students will be...
4.7k views