Business options for mechanical engineering diploma holder?

Can someone please guide me about business options after diploma in mechanical engineering?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moved your post to a new thread under Entrepreneurship & Startups section.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Jigyasa31
    can someone plzzzzzzzzz guide me about business options after diploma in mechanical engineering?????
    Hi Jigyasa, I was a diploma student too. And I am happy to see that you are considering business options right after diploma. Are you not going for a degree? I mean do you want to work on a business part-time or full-time?
  • nikhil parmar
    nikhil parmar
    hello.., i also completed my diploma in mech.. i am also doing the degree in part time, but i dont want to do job after it... can u plz guide about business options...
    i want to work on business full-time...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    nikhil parmar
    hello.., i also completed my diploma in mech.. i am also doing the degree in part time, but i dont want to do job after it... can u plz guide about business options...
    i want to work on business full-time...
    I believe there are several options in business for mechanical engineers. I'll tag our ace CEan #-Link-Snipped-# - who might be able to suggest a few ideas related to mechanical engineering.
  • nikhil parmar
    nikhil parmar
    thnx..
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    There are a lot of things relating to mechanical engineering, which can be done today.

but please remember, that today there is not such thing as "distinctly mechanical" or "distinctly electrical" or so on.

mechanical, electrical and electronics are now very closely related, and you have to concentrate on all three if you are planning to make and sell something.

as for business, well you first gotta identify some common problem or something which is lacking in some place and locality.

here are some suggestions: gen-sets with high fuel efficiency.

under-light ceiling fans available at a cost as low as rupees 4000.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This is one of the most interesting threads in the entrepreneurship section.

The safest option when you are starting with no money is starting a consultancy or building a website that helps others in implementing something. Among the hard-core mechanical engineering options, I think you can start with building an expertise in the fields of solar energy, materials management or HVAC systems.

I've heard that one of the popular ways to start a business is to do energy audit (or carbon audit) so that you can help companies in reducing carbon emissions within their organisation.

To be able to be successful at the business as a consultant, there's no easy way. You will need to distinguish yourself from the competition and have a definite edge over others in similar business. Innovation is the key here, I think.
  • goparl
    goparl
    Related to solar system is the good concept for business.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    When the world was embracing electronics, engineering colleges introduced branches such as 'Mechatronics' to let the engineers embrace the sweet spots of both the gigantic domains. I guess it's time that they introduce something that's Mechanical-Computer Science combo. Civil-Computer Science combo. I wish for this because the world is really going all computing. Each and every domain and industry is incomplete without computational power. Mechanical engineers are more and more turning towards computer courses to search their own entry point into the industry.

If a mechanical engineering diploma holder wants to start his own business, the first idea that comes to the mind is - start something from the comfort of your dorm room. Learn mechanical engineering software or provide online consultancy. They need learning resources for all such kind of businesses.
  • Uddhav Rane
    Uddhav Rane

hello,i ve completed my diploma in automobile and i am willing to start a business rather than going for a job so i need some suggestion on what grounds should i start a business and how will be my first step towards it ?.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - Welcome to CrazyEngineers. The first step is always the same no matter what your business idea is - and its' called product-market fit. In simplest of the words - it means "Build or create what people want".

Since you wish to venture into automobile business, you will have to think about the problem your business will solve. It could be designing better components to improve existing mechanisms or consulting existing businesses or something that directly or indirectly helps the automobile industry.

You need to find what product or service you can offer that is needed by the industry. We are soon starting a group in our #-Link-Snipped-# to help engineers start their own business. Make sure to add the Groups App to your account so that you will get notified when new groups are created. 

• Sayan Sarkar
    Sayan Sarkar

What is the best business option after completing diploma in mechanical engineering ? 

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# and others looking for ideas and are interested in setting up business, please head over to - Startups Group on CrazyEngineers - Link -

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

AppCampus is what it is called. ☕ Cool name I must say. Microsoft and Nokia are investing a meager ( 😛 ) sum of $24 million into a new app...
hi im supradeep from hyderabad doing electrical and electronics engineering 1st yr at jntu. can u guide me
i am unable to play .mkv video files in any media player please suggest me solution to play this kind of files....
How can we integrate some .c or .cpp file in UI made using VB. for example i made an identical UI using VB of 'minesweeper' the in-famous game! now i...
All the Adobe employees will now have a reason to make their friends not working in Adobe jealous of them. The company says that it wants to abolish the age...