Business Analysis In Smartphone & Tablet Domain

I'm a student at NMIMS University Mumbai, pursuing MBATECH(IT), in the Fourth Year #-Link-Snipped-#
I want to make a career as a business analyst in the tablet & smartphone domain.

Im unsure of what stream I should do my MBA in, Technology management or marketing, and what other skills are needed to become a good B.A (Certifications etc)

It would be great if someone could share their expertise on this issue or guide me in this direction

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to Careers section. Welcome to CE, Udit. The first thing to look for is campus recruitment. Since you've MBA-Tech degree, there might be few phone/telecom companies visiting your campus for recruitment and offer the job in exactly the same domain you are interested in. I'm not quite sure whether MBA would be an added advantage in your case, but if you opt for it, you might want to opt for marketing - which improves your chances of getting recruited in telecom industry. However, there is ample scope for technology-management major as well; provided you get admitted to a good institute.

I'd also advise you to start looking for a technical job for 2 years in a telecom/mobile company and get some work experience. There are more chances that the company will grant you the role of your choice, if available with them. I don't think you need extra certifications beyond regular engineering+management course.
  • udit1807
    udit1807
    Thank you for your response, I'm pursuing MBATECH(I.T) its a dual degree course please take a look at the curriculum here #-Link-Snipped-#

I have almost a year of experiance in smartphone development and testing in good I.T Firms in the form of internships & I have one more management internship remaining in the next year.

I dont know what path to follow or what skills to develop as a MBA student for becoming a business analyst

Also any certifications that would be helpful.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello every member , i am a newbie to CE just about to complete B.Tech. in EC from Nirma University ahmedabad..born and brought up in mathura..placed in infosys and cognizant..gotta...
Hello All, Here we are again with the latest issue of ClubHack Magazine. This time also the issue is dedicated to Browser security. ClubHack Magazine: Direct Download: Tech Gyan -...
Friends, I have a little doubt. Now to be frank, My aggregate percentage is coming out to be 65%. I have completed III year mechanical engineering. I have one year...
A video lecture series on Engineering Geology by Prof.Debasis Roy, Department of Civil Engineering,I.I.T.Kharagpur. [video=youtube;aTVDiRtRook]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTVDiRtRook[/video]
In the metals you say that the fermi level is the highest occupied level. likewise in a semiconductor I need to know the significance of fermi level in it .Why...