Build a simple camera, without involving a microcontroller! possible?

i need to build a simple camera, without involving a microcontroller! possible????

if yes, how???๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜›

if no, then thx for ur time!๐Ÿ˜’

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Re: Is this possible?

Are you working on a project? Can you tell us more about it? You'll need three basic components:

1) Lens
    2) Image Sensor
    3) Digital Signal Processor

A DSP is a lot more sophisticated than your standard 8 bit microcontroller. The raw image data output from the image sensor is very large, so it needs to be compressed and encoded into a more manageable format before sending it to the PC or storage card.

What I suggest you do is buy a cheap webcam and dismantle it. However, to interface it directly to a microcontroller/storage card you may need to use other CCD/CMOS cameras that have serial output.
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    yea i m on a mission to make a camera for myself,
    basically, it should take and store still pictures in my computer! no matter 'colored' of 'black n white',

'Lens', i could get a duplicate camera lens,
    'image sensor', i thought this is inbuilt in a lens!
    'Digi signal processor', i got no idea of what that is,
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    and hey guys, what's a pinhole camera ??
  • lal
    lal
    A pin hole camera is different lol, it has nothing to do with anything digital! In this you make a very small hole and light passes through it to fall on a screen. This is its very basic.
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    K, call me crazy but here's what i did๐Ÿ˜›

i went to my native place day-b4-yesterday, got a very old camera "reel cam" from my uncle (which he confessed that he's not gonna need it anymore)
    and yesterday, afternoon i did a post-mortem(i don't know the god damn spelling of it) on it, i dismantled it and took out the PCB [the heart of the dead cam]...

check it out, i uploaded them on flickr=>

1)my cam front side -
    #-Link-Snipped-#

2)my cam back side -
    #-Link-Snipped-#

3)the reflector -
    #-Link-Snipped-#

4)the PCB dismantled -
    #-Link-Snipped-#

5)the PCB with camera lens on it -
    #-Link-Snipped-#

๐Ÿ˜

so...temme whatcha think?
    and what's the next step i should take??
  • gohm
    gohm
    A pinhole style is what I thought of when I read the thread however it is a bit old school and will not work for your needs. They are fun to build & give great photography experience.
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    hey guys,
    interfacing with PC and showing pictures taken on PC seems to me like a very big proj.

so...can i do on negative films?
    as in, can i capture and store it on negative films??
    whats the concept behind capturing image and putting on negatives(photovoltaic papers)??
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    helloo..anybody there??
    i really need help in this one guys..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I need some help with some pneumatic math problems,, I've tried everywhere with no takers. Really need to get some help with this. It's driving me crazy!!๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
Hello, I am new to this site and am writing this to introduce myself. I am a freshman in a college here in the United States and my major will...
hey i have a tubelight with a choke coil and a starter in my house n i know a little bit about its working but in my college tubelights are...
Some times there are some pages that web crawlers are not allowed to crawl but you can view those pages Every web server has a file named robots.txt stored that...
i want to do a project on automatic door opening system in the coming 3 month and i want some advice