BSNL Website Hacked By Anonymous

So, Anonymous has done it again. The BSNL's website has been hacked and defaced with the following message being displayed -

Hacked by Anonymous indiasupport Aseem trivedi(cartoonist) and alok dixit on the hunger strikeremove IT Act 66adatabases of all 250 bsnl site has been dHacked by Anonymous indiasupport Aseem trivedi(cartoonist) and alok dixit on the hunger strikeremove IT Act 66adatabases of all 250 bsnl site has been deleted.............Do not think of BACKUP .
Apparantly, the BSNL web admins used passwords like 'Password@123' to protect their critical servers. 😲

The website is currently not available, but you can check how it looked like from Google Cache.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: I checked around and found that the main demand is removal of Section 66A of the IT Act. the act basically allows the police to arrest anyone if they do not like the content shared by the person online. So if you write something against the politicians or the police or anyone, you could just find yourself in jail for maximum of 3 years.

Meh?!

Cartoonist Aseem Trivedi (who was arrested earlier) and Alok Dixit are on indefinite hunger strike demanding removal of the act.

What's your take?
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    And our Government still want us to believe that India is IT super power?
    * IT minister "HACKED"
    * Telecom "HACKED"
    * Pioneer of Ethical hacking Course "HACKED"
    * Railway Services behaves as if they are always "HACKED"
    duh**
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    What is democracy here? Politicians need several laws to hide their misdeeds
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm diverting the discussion a bit - but has anyone ever cared to read the Indian Police Act? It just remained unchanged even after India got freedom. It basically allows the police to beat anyone and you can't do anything in your defence. Correct me if I'm wrong. 😨
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Conqueror
    What is democracy here? Politicians need several laws to hide their misdeeds
    And what makes you believe that there had ever een a democracy in India ever? If it was , Mr. Neheru would not have been the first prime minister having lost the congress vote to the great sardar patel. Mind you , India is still not Independent under law of constitution and Brit Queen is still India's First Citizen by law. Have you ever watched the name of India in any Commonwealth Games? its Dominion of India and Brit Government has not amended any constitution to accept "Republic of India". However in 1950 Indian constitution was amended, but then 😀
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Many loop holes can be found in their court and those people who call themselves leaders only want the people to praise their EXCELLENCY What can they expect from the people? Other than trash😨
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I am curious about this is any law maker of the nation here in CE Why not welcome them here to CE ?

#-Link-Snipped-# What do you say about this ?
  • avii
    avii
    Rupam Das
    And our Government still want us to believe that India is IT super power?
    India's IT power & Govt. of India's IT power is entirely different 😛

I may not support Ankit Trivedi but I am totally against this IT law.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'll not get into that because that's an entirely different topic. What Rupam says is correct though. Politicians have always tried to keep everything in their control. It's 'now' that they've realized that Internet isn't under their control - and that's why they have introduced this section in the act.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    India's IT power & Govt. of India's IT power is entirely different
    Well, sadly that is another story that Indian IT firms have cooked up for people to believe.
    An Indian company can create most outstanding data warehouse when they have 'Informatica'
    An Indian IT company can produce the best SaaS when a great PaaS is with them
    An Indian IT company can build an awesome game ( I haven't yet seen it) if a great game engine is available
    An Indian IT company can build a great E-Commerce website if drupal and Open Ecommerce make the resources they need.

But an Indian IT company can not build ( or more precisely has not yet build) that great platform that changes the world of computing. No open source OS, Word Processing, Financial Computing , 3d or any software is credited to Indian firms. This is because those who have the mind power to build them are all in Silicon Valley.

Imagine, had drupal nit been there, had Sun microsystem, Microsoft and Google not been there, what would have been the progress of our so called IT.

However one might argue that Railway Servers handles millions of transactions each day without falter. China handles 10x more transactions.

So do not be under false impression.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans,😁 Before you start actual reading :-This post contain topic from mechanical Engineering syllabus. Any topic associated with two links. :Info_Links: this contain pages where your topic content available....
Okay, this is driving me nuts. I've heard this tune somewhere before but can't recall. Here's a snippet of the tune https://www.zedge.net/ringtone/1402743/?cep=14 Can someone tell me details, album, artist so...
what is the basic reason behind genetic engineering? why we call engineering not genetic science?
Offered without comments. The original parable: The Ant works hard in the whithering heat all summer building its house and laying up supplies for the winter. The Grasshopper thinks the...
I'm facing this problem with the proximity sensor on my Galaxy Note II. The screen turns blank when I'm on call (the phone's near the ear) but it does not...