BSNL Fancy / Premium Number Online Tool

BSNL is offering fancy aka premium mobile numbers free of cost through an online tool. You can now select your premium phone number online through BSNL's website. If you do not like BSNL's service, you can get the number from BSNL and then switch to another service provider of your choice like Idea Cellular, Airtel, Aircel, Tata Docomo etc. BSNL had launched the service in Andhra Pradesh in November and after noticing a tremendous response from subscribers, the company decided to launch it all over India. The best part of the service is that you only pay for the regular SIM charges unlike the other operators that charge premium fees for fancy numbers.
Procedure to Select Your Fancy/Premium Number Online

1. First go to #-Link-Snipped-#
  2. Select your region (state) and then select a number from the list of available numbers.
  3. Enter your mobile number correctly. You will receive 7 digit PIN number. Enter this PIN number in the tool.
  4. Go to your nearest BSNL service center and inform them the number that the tool will give you. Buy the regular PIN and your new number will be active within a day or two.
BSNL has come up with this innovative scheme and we can only hope that other operators in India will follow the trend. However, we are quite sure that BSNL is going to profit a lot from this scheme. If you opt to choose your number through this service, please share your experience with us through the comments. We'd be keen to know.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Yes, it was first launched in A.P. ... i thought of taking one number but we have to bear the BSNL's worst services(poor coverage) for the minimum of 3 months....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    K!r@nS!ngu
    Yes, it was first launched in A.P. ... i thought of taking one number but we have to bear the BSNL's worst services(poor coverage) for the minimum of 3 months....
    BSNL's service works randomly and I can confirm that. In city where you'd expect it to work the best; the network won't work. But it will work amazingly well where you won't expect it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

MNP seems to be quite popular in India and Idea cellular is the biggest beneficiary from the service. If you've ported your number using MNP service, please share your experience....
I've been advised that on larger boards, Sphinx search would be a better option. I've collected some information about it but unable to make out whether it will be useful....
Robo war competitions are very famous in all the engineering colleges. Can someone keep us updated about the upcoming robowars? 😀
Okay, you know I'm an electrical engineer who plays with software. But I'm curious to know how the depth of foundation is calculated. Logically, it should be directly proportional to...
Well as I found that so many newly Registered members are posting their queries in their profile only the don't know how to use forum. So what I was thinking...