BSNL EVDO Speed Review

Hi there,

If anyone's ever used EVDO service provided by BSNL, India; please revert back with your experience and recommendations.

Thanks,

Replies

• vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    Re: BSNL EVDO Spreed Review

i am using bsnl but didnt here this EVDO service. i am sorry but can yo tell me what is this?
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi

I have used it at my senior's place in Pune. The claimed top speed is 4.1 Mbps. But the actual speed is somewhere in the range of 350-500 Kbps. Unlimited monthly data transfer plan is for around Rs. 500/month. Initial payment is for Rs. 1000 out of which half is for security I think.

I guess the speed will depend on reception in your area. But I think it is totally worth 500 bucks..

[EDIT]
    For Rs 799+taxes/month I get 256Kbps Airtel wired broadband. So the BSNL EVDO is a good deal in my opinion.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

I guess the speed entirely depends on your location [how far you are from the EVDO tower].

I'm currently in the process of doing the speed checks at CE HQ ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

Is "Spreed" the name of the EV-DO service?
  • just2rock
    just2rock

well coming to this EVDO technology is a bit weired idea so far the network infrastructure setup is planned & executed in India.Companies like Tata is even working hard investing crores to update their existing cell towers..pls note "their is no separate EVDO towers to use for same".Claimable data rates are not atall reachable for Tata,even when EVDO uses low spreading factor compared to IS-95 technolgy...

Now BSNL which is so far good enough in doing business on wired network ..will be better if they hold same only as wireless is not something they are good in terms of communication is concerned & when it comes to EVDO or wireless broadband..i will suggest to stay away...pls dont think of your pocket when its of no use;-)!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

ash
    Is "Spreed" the name of the EV-DO service?
    Typo ๐Ÿ˜”

Rectified.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh, okay ๐Ÿ˜›

Anyone using BSNL's EV-DO, please use this website to post your speed test results:

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Tag the location of where you tested it as well ๐Ÿ˜€ For example.. my wired broadband result at home (Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia):

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

This well help do some objective comparisons with other wireless services in the same locations.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I got DOwnload speed as .96 Mb/s and upload as .13 Mb/s with Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ at around 5 PM.

One of my friend who had BSNL EVDO got .61 Mb/s and upload as .07 Mb/s at around 10 PM.

I heard that support service of BSNL EVDO is not really great and people does face problem because of that. Till now for me reliance netconnect broadband+ is rocking.

-CB
  • Smell Smoke
    Smell Smoke
    My friend puts a CD over the antenna of the EVDO device and the speed increased with range. Sorry i can't help you with the reasons.But just try it once and see, if it works. It did for us.It doesn't hurt to try.
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    @smellsmoke- What a quirky idea!But these things happen out of chance and may not necessarily work elsewhere.IF people could focus on what technology EVDO uses then it would be better.

Since it is a part of 3G I think we should it a bit more time before taking a call.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have solved the first portion of the problem. but i couldn't solve the second portion. For first portion: I found the following results- moisture concetration (composite)=0.0194 kg/kg max. mass...
hi, i am studying my b.e aeronautical... i need a quite a few good topics, so that i could successfully prepare and present my presentation...
Any one interested in paper persentation please visit the following site symposium - Powered by CO.CC If you have any query mail me on< It's a good idea to answer...
CEans, Most of us think that it's the Google search engine that always produces the best results. Here's a tool that let's you check the truth. Have a look at...
can u tel me a part which is situated in both car and bike having same type of working and same size and shape....