BSNL EVDO on Ubuntu 10.04

I've been trying my hands on the latest uBuntu release 10.04 and I'm impressed! The OS is really fast, boots in about 15-20 seconds on my Dell Inspiron 15 and shuts down in flat 5-8 seconds! The most impressive feature, however, is BSNL Evdo Connection without a dialer. Following are the steps to setup EVDO connection on your uBuntu 10.04:
  • Plug in your EVDO data card to your computer.
  • Right Click on the Network/Wireless connection icon in the top taskbar.
  • Click 'Edit Connections' > Go to 'Mobile Broadband tab.
  • Select the default connection and enter the required details (number, username and password).
  • Rename the connection if you want.
  • Done.
Now simply click on the wireless/network icon again and choose your connection. You're ready to go. I earlier had uBuntu 8.10 and it required device identification. The latest version however identifies the devices correctly. Kaustubh Katdare | Founder CrazyEngineers

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Finally UK will be able to use '@gmail.com' in email IDs. Starting October 19, 2005 all the new Gmail users from UK were transferred to '@googlemail.com' domain. This step was...
Facebook and Google are two interesting companies to keep watch on over the next few years. These two companies are into entirely different businesses, one is world's most popular social...
Google is buying mobile advertising startup, Admob for $750 million. The deal was first announced in November 2009. The FTC will decide whether to approve this deal or not today....
Google has just released the beta version (beta 5.0.375.29) of Chrome and I'm toying with it on my uBuntu 10.04 installation. Google's claim, that its faster than the fastest Opera...
The first major decision Jason Rosenthal took after replacing Gina Bianchini was to reduce the workforce by 40%. The second major decision was to get rid of the free community...