Browser War

Guys!

Its time to vote for your favorite browser. Is it IE 6 / IE 7 / Firefox / Opera or any other browser.

Discuss why you like particular browser and tell us technical/moral/ethical reasons [​IMG] for using your favorite browser.

Let the war begin ! 😁

The Big K

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Guys!

Just load our website using Opera !

Opera rocks 😁

any takers?

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Guys!

Just load our website using Opera !

Opera rocks 😁

any takers?

-The Big K-

Firefox is far most the best.....no comparision with others....

--Cheers
    😁
  • crook
    crook
    Opera

Firefox Rocks, but I'm an Opera fan !

My vote goes for Opera because -

1. The GUI is the best
    2. Email client is truely integrated with the browser
    3. The fonts appear neat and clean

crook
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    In btw...
    Biggi....My findings.......again...a bit controversial...but stilll

if IE 7 will not cause the hanging prob than it is ok and looks cool
    Other waise....

FF rocks

--Crazy
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Its firefox all the way ... havent really load tested Opera's parsing engine so cant really comment on that ... but IE is so bad that I am surprised as to how can MS package it with Windows with a clear conscience πŸ˜€.

A couple of years back when I was developing a website, which involved dynamic table generation, my colleague wrote a code which churned out a table which had infinite number of columns (later, we tweaked that code, so no worries πŸ˜€ ). When that page was opened in IE, the browser would crash due to shortage of memory! (Document Object Model, at its work), the DOM parser was the reason why it was crashing.

The same page opened pretty smoothly thanks to the SAX parsing of the mozilla engine.
  • Mahesh
    Mahesh
    I will go with Firefox as it is efficient than IE .
  • jayaprakash
    jayaprakash
    hi,
    Firefox is the best and more efficient than IE . so i go for Firefox because it rocksssssss
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Firefox is great! Using it for a loooong time now. Amazingly fast, I can open my mail in 5 seconds (Gmail) !!!!

And Love the little extentions and themes. Smooth, light and efficient.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    xheavenlyx
    Firefox is great! Using it for a loooong time now. Amazingly fast, I can open my mail in 5 seconds (Gmail) !!!!

And Love the little extentions and themes. Smooth, light and efficient.

Buddy If I am not wrong brwser dont have any connection with speed, Its features or bar you have installed on this..
    Do correct me if I am worng.
    Bye the way me too a big big fan of Open Source..

--Cr😁 azy
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Ofcourse crazyboi you are right about no relation between speed and browser. I simply meant the amount of comp resources and speed in a perticular PC. That speed also depends on the toolbars as you said.

The thing with Firefox is that it has awesome extentions (I removed ALL toolbars excpt Address and basic)
    . For example ScrapBook, Answers, WhoIs and Flashgot. They take each max 500KB
    and hence making it much flexible and useful.

For net speed I have tried changing some internal settings of Firefox, which is not at all easy with IE. example, under network.http I have increased max connection, max connection per server, max persistant con per server and proxy and pipelining, pipelinning max per proxy etc...

Even scroll options and image loading options which can show a page anyway you like. Whole without image or image first and text later etc 😁

I just love itπŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I can't wait to see Da Vinci Code. For those who have read the novel by Dan Brown, here's the cast - Credited cast: Tom Hanks .... Robert Langdon Audrey...
Hi everyone I am starting a new thread as a continuation to vocab builder game.The only difference being here we gonna post questions with the options to choose from. Hope...
Hi everyone Afraid of the subject??....Don't worry i just thought of starting a thread where we can share our funniest ragging experiences.Ragging is the part of every engineering college and...
To my surprise there's no one who started up this thread....i thought it might have been started earlier....C'mon guys wake up! What do they bloody politicians think of them?? Year...
Hi CEans! I am starting a thread which would eventually become a part of CE-Finance Section. The question that we will discuss in this thread is: Is your living home...