Bridgestone Airless Tires To Eliminate Lame 'Flat Tire' Excuses

The days of traditional tires are numbered and rapid advancements in technology is soon going to force us to be more creative in coming up with excuses for being late to the office meetings. Bridgestone might just solve one of the biggest problems humans have faced since the invention of wheel - the flat tire problem by eliminating air from them. Although the tires are in concept stage at the moment, the video we saw looks promising. The new air-free tires use a flexible but tough structure made of plastic.

Each wheel is able to support up to 50 kg of weight. Company's engineers are now busy researching how to make these tires work with the regular vehicles. Take a look at the video and tell me how do you see this being put to use in real world.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#]DigiInfo[/url]

Replies

• CE Designer
    CE Designer
    The car rim industry would go out of business 😎
    So to will tyre shops.
    This innovative idea will also mean a more comfortable ride as shock loads will have a longer distance to travel and dissapate (given the absence of a rim).
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    I've often thought that flat tires are for engineers what the common cold is to the doctors. They are both common and annoying problems, and have no simple solutions. However great this new thing might be, it's nowhere near replacing the air-filled tire; those are too simple in principle and construction.
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Yeah, Composite materials(Thermo plastic resin) plays a major role in wheel rim

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I there, Is there anyone can help me this out? I m need a sample calculation on bending moment and find max deflection . Heap thanks..

Hi!

Hi! This is Sourav 4m Kolkata. Working as Environment Engineer and completed several assignment in this field. Thanks
Hello guy's Actually i want to start an IT company.I posted this thread to know how to start ? . Well i am good in java.I have developed no of...
Hello, everybody! For conducting Boolean operation, I use Trim but I feel troublesome since many selections have to be carried out. So I wonder are there some new way to...
I have heard a myth, or rather somone just told me that putting silencers on the exhaust of machines like compressors can actually do damage to the compressor. Is that...