BREAKING NEWS: Players disqualified from Olympics for losing

Eight female badminton doubles players were disqualified from the London Olympics for the accuse of trying to lose their respective matches to receive a more easier or say favorable matches in place in the advance round in tournament.

The Badminton World Federation announced that two teams from South Korea and one each from China and Indonesia are disqualified for “not using one’s best efforts to win a match” and “conducting oneself in a manner that is clearly abusive or detrimental to the sport”.

However, Do you think these types of decision make sense? They haven't cheated, and no rule in the rule book can called them offended players; they just lost their matches; Matches were not fixed - this can be one point of view.

My view is, this was embarrassing for game. If players will try to mold the game per them, then THEY ARE NOT DOING JUSTICE TO GAME.

What are your views on the latest shameful incidence?

-CB

Replies

• Smeechi Mittal
    Smeechi Mittal
    The case is really a new one, atleast for me 😛
    Though I really wonder that knowing the abilities of the team, is it justified to disqualify them for not playing good?
    I mean,Playing 'not so good' to receive an easy match in advanced rounds... For me, it's not cheating, I would rather call it a strategy!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    That's weird decession. What's wrong with jury?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Per rules and games committee, game should be played in the spirit of game, Players are not allowed to play the game to loose. So they were accused of two charges:

- Playing the game in a manner that is abusive or detrimental to the sport
    - Intentionally, not playing to best of their ability

-CB
  • inderjeet
    inderjeet
    Really wanted this to be true....but the indian doubles women team is not advancing further as the teams disqualified were not from the same group as the indian team. Hard luck for us.😔
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Oops just checked,
    You are correct, Indian's are OUT !!
  • inderjeet
    inderjeet
    Really wish to have been wrong on this ..:/..Our team was playing really well in their last couple of matches....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone of my collegues tell me according to which IS code are flush doors tested and what are the tests? Can anyone post the relevant IS code? with regads,...
Pune this evening saw four low-intensity blasts in a span of seven minutes. A fifth bomb was defused by the Anti-Terror Squad. One person has been injured. All the bombs...
As it is being said, that this bike comes with something called "the body balance". from what i understand , it looks like even a learner will never fall off...
It is said that the crankshaft has to be produced only by the forging method, due to the large number of forces that act on it. but however The "AUTOMOTIVE...
We are all aware of the mathematical meaning of functions. for example a function like y=f(x) means that the value of y is dependent on the value of x. if...