BRAVIA 40" (KLV-40NX500) Full HD TV Reviews & Price In India

Sony Television Company has a very popular LCD brand in India called 'Bravia'. Bravia stands for Best Resolution Audio Visual Integrated Architecture. Let's take a look at the 40" BRAVIA, its tech specs and whether the unit is worth the price.

Note: I own this TV 😀

SONY-BRAVIA-KLVNX500

First Impression:

Let's face it: This TV is Gorgeous. Period. No other TV comes closer to to it in terms of looks - and that's when this TV is not ON! Sony is advertising a new design, called 'Monolithic Design' in India. Monolithic design is mostly about fitting a black glass on the entire front panel to cover everything. Thus, when turned off, this TV looks like a plain slab of black glass. Looks totally awesome on light colored walls.

Quick Look at the Special Features:

* Live Color: Powered by an image processor using an algorithm specially developed by Sony, Live Colourâ„¢ is able to reproduce incredibly vivid colours on screen

* Full HD (1080p) : You'll need this if you love watching movies on DVD, Blue-Ray Disc Player or own PS3. For normal transmissions, you won't feel much difference.

* BRAVIA Engine 3: In LCD televisions, the main determining factor for picture quality is the processing engine. BRAVIA Engine 3â„¢ is an HD video processor which reproduces pictures with higher contrast, superior colours, and amazing clarity.

* Ambient Sensor: This feature auto-adjusts screen's brightness and contrast according to your room's lighting conditions.

* Intelligent Picture Plus: This function removes the noise from analogue input (RF) and 'cleans up' the picture.

* MPEG Noise Reduction (NR): Gets rid of both speck-like noise around subtitles and block noise that are usually found in fast-moving scenes. Effective for SD, HD, and even unconverted images, MPEG NR ensures a sharper and more beautiful result each and every time.

BRAVIA Sync: This function lets you link all your BRAVIA Sync enabled devices together.

-----
Firmware Upgrade: You can upgrade the software that runs this device. I'm yet to perform an upgrade, so no comments at the moment.

My opinion: This TV is AWESOME. The picture quality is above expectations and explodes if you're watching a BluRay movie! You can also use this TV as your big digital frame by connecting a USB loaded with photos/wallpapers etc. The TV has 4 HDMI inputs to let you connect your PS3, DVD player, camera and other devices. The TV is totally worth the price. This model is available in India for a price of Rs. 63,990/-

Replies

• mosh11
    mosh11
    thanx

a good review

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey Friends, I have written out a full detailed difference and the better of the two multimeters, i.e. the analog and the digital one. If anyone of you is wanting...
In the book that I am using they use two notations for calling structure data members when using pointers. (*pt).payRate * (*pt).hours ; (pt ->payRate * pt ->hours); I understand...
I found this site a while ago and have been lurking since then. I had a programming question so I'd thought it was about time I made an account. Major...
About Oracle Open World: - Oracle OpenWorld is the world's largest and most important conference for Oracle technologists, business users, and partners. This annual gathering is the best place to...
India's leading telecom operator is all set to launch 3G services in December. Company's CEO has said that the services will be launched in the following regions - Delhi, Mumbai,...