Brain microchip implants - good or bad or ugly?

In about a decade, humans are likely to get an option to have a micro or nanochip set up in the brain that will help optimize the brain - maybe by helping you calculate faster, remember better and so on. This debate is to gather views from our fellow engineers about the inevitable future.

For example, at present, our actions are totally dominated by the chemicals and electric pulses in our brain. You 'know' that getting up early in the morning and doing 'Yoga' is good for your long term health; but then some chemical in your brain will prevent you from getting off the bed. I think the electronic chips will be able to get rid of that. You'll be able to program it to alter the 'laziness' module in your brain with something that is 'right'.

Perhaps, it will induce some rationality into our decision making.

Do you think this will lead to a better future for humans or make it worse?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

NASA's systems engineer Raul Polit Casillas, along with his colleagues at NASA's JPL have designed 3D printed metallic 'space fabric' that is getting ready for future space missions. These special...
I'm developing an app and it requires me to design the database. I'm wondering what'd be more optimal design in following scenario: Approach 1: Have one user table with all...
The itel Mobiles, owned by Chinese mobile manufacturer Transsion Holdings has announced a new entrant in its 'Wish' series with the 4G VoLTE and ViLTE equipped iTel Wish A21 smartphone...
Logitech, on Friday, has released a new webcam device named Logitech BRIO in India. This device is a 4K ultra-HD webcam which features the RightLight 3 technology and will cost...
A dear gift to our Earth, from the Google franchise, is what connects more than 3.2 billion people having an internet connection with a thread of love and care, pinning...