BPO In Jail & Satyam Ex-Boss Raju May Become Its CEO!

Ramalinga Raju might have a reason to smile now. The ex-boss of Satyam got jailed for engineering the multi-million dollar fraud. However, after the supreme court ruled out the bail plea, the state prisons department is now considering an idea to start BPO servies for the prisoners!

The first BPO of the country, which will operate from Jail will start operations from November 01, 2010. Though on a trial basis for now, prison officials hope that the BPO project would benefit from IT czar Raju's experience in making such projects a profitable venture.

"We will use his ideas to improve the existing infrastructure and also seek his opinion on how best to utilize manpower available at our unit," said C N Gopinatha Reddy, director-general of prisons. The prison department is in talks with some banking firms in Canada to grab its first international project.

The prisoners will be given the job of examining the scanned documents belonging to various categories. The documents will be non-confidential in nature so there won't be any change of them being tampered by the employees. Big companies like TCS and Radiant Technologies will provide the hardware support for the BPO setup.

Well, I think the idea is weird. What do you think about the idea of running BPO through Jail? Will it work?

Raju should definitely be happy to be the BOSS again, huh?

Replies

• aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    As long as they process documents and information which if tampered is OK, there is no problems. But what if the CEO completes his tenure in jail? What will the jail authorities do to fill the chair? Also, there should be strict protection systems so that the crooks don't use the internet for their good!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I read this article in the Times of India. While inaugurating a Science and Technology exhibition and a trade fair in Akuressa, Sri Lanka's Technology and Research Minister Prof Tissa...
Simon Taylor and Connell Gauld (Cambridge University researchers) have formed a company called Extra Reality (Website: Extra Reality) to commercialize the technology that has developed a system that allows a...
how to edit the circuit in pendrive. I ve to give low signal to the write protection pin in Nand flash ic present in pendrive... but its not like adding....
Hi, There are certain definite set of rules, mathematical expressions to analyze deterministic signals! But how to analyze Random signals?😕
this is the place to discuss about our preparations. lets start from the very basics of electronics i.e. the semiconductors. starting with the diodes i think we should know all...