CrazyEngineers
  • The computer engineers at CDAC have developed BOSS [ Bharat Operating System Solutions ] which is derived from Debian. The operating system supports about 18 Indian languages (Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Bodo, Urdu, Kashmiri, Maithili, Konkani, Manipuri)

The official site is this: Home | BOSS Linux

[I'm not able to load the site, looks like its down ? 😒 ]

What do you think about the BOSS?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • anitgeorge89

MemberAug 12, 2009

Can anyone explain me how to install BOSS OS inside windows.... Well of course if this is possible😀
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Aashish Joshi

MemberSep 13, 2009

I'm downloading the rc1 of their latest version (3.0/Tejas) which comes with kernel version 2.6.22 and KDE 3.5!! The only grouse I have is that they do not have a torrent!!! If they do, then it is not on the download page of bosslinux.in
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorSep 13, 2009

I was thinking BOSS's something new built from scratch. I'm not downloading it.

@mad_scientist: Do share your experience with BOSS.
    Cancel
  • Aashish Joshi

MemberSep 13, 2009

Alas, the download did not complete successfully..I don't know why!! But I bet it has something to do with the direct download thing they have!!! Will try again tonight..
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register