BOSS Operating System from CDAC!

The computer engineers at CDAC have developed BOSS [ Bharat Operating System Solutions ] which is derived from Debian. The operating system supports about 18 Indian languages (Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Bodo, Urdu, Kashmiri, Maithili, Konkani, Manipuri)

The official site is this: Home | BOSS Linux

[I'm not able to load the site, looks like its down ? 😒 ]

What do you think about the BOSS?

Replies

• anitgeorge89
    anitgeorge89
    Can anyone explain me how to install BOSS OS inside windows.... Well of course if this is possible😀
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I'm downloading the rc1 of their latest version (3.0/Tejas) which comes with kernel version 2.6.22 and KDE 3.5!! The only grouse I have is that they do not have a torrent!!! If they do, then it is not on the download page of bosslinux.in
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I was thinking BOSS's something new built from scratch. I'm not downloading it.

@mad_scientist: Do share your experience with BOSS.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Alas, the download did not complete successfully..I don't know why!! But I bet it has something to do with the direct download thing they have!!! Will try again tonight..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Source: Wisdom in hindsight: So Whats your Big Idea A few months ago I spoke at a conference on entrepreneurship at IIM Ahmedabad. In the audience were several students who...
I am very new to this forum, i hope will be getting lot of information from this forum
hello everyone...!! i am just in start of my 3rd semester...!! i have to do a project in electronics... please suggest me some topics of my level...keeping in view that...
Hi my name is Raja Sharma. I am doing btech with mechanical branch and currently in second year.
CDC becomes one of the few truly independent middleware providers of intelligent building technology in the world One real alternative remains for customers aiming to avoid proprietary approach to IB...