Booting to DOS from EEE pc

Hello,

Let me first of all describe what i am trying to do. I hope after reading this you people will not deviate from the subject -instead will help me with my problem.

Situation :-

---> Am having EEE pc (4 Gb), 8 GB USB , 2 GB SD memory card,And i dont have any other pc with me (please dont suggest to use any other pc - i know that can help me - but i need a solution to this problem without using any other PC - but only EEE pc.) . My EEE laptop dont have CD rom. And i want a help with the things that i have.

AIM :-

Right now the default Linux distro is installed in my EEE pc.
I am having an intention to install win XP, 98 and even windows 3.1.

The reason why i want to install win 3.1 is - that earlier some 7-8 years ago i was having that OLD kind of PC with win 3.1 installed. I liked it very much those days. Also in that PC, DOS was there installed already, thus i learned everything related to DOS as well.

Now, i am planning to install win 3.1 and look how fast it is in EEE pc - i don't worry about connecting to internet or such things- i just wanna install win 3.1 - i have the setup files with me - I know how to install any OS like win 98 , or Win xp - if i am in the DOS - but i donno how can i install DOS using my EEE pc - and i dont have any other computer for my help - thats the situtation (pls consider it) - NOW I AM ASKING YOUR HELP TO INSTALL DOS - OR BOOT TO DOS SO THAT I CAN INSTALL ANY OS LIKE WIN XP,, 98 OR EVEN 3.1 . Yes, i know the procedure to be followed after i get into DOS.

I am expecting a Step by step explanation. I think win 98 allows to format floppy disk and it automatically copies the necessary files that is needed to boot to DOS (called as Bootdisk)- It would be really helpful if anyone can gimme those files - so that i can copy them to my USB and then boot (but i am having doubt whether i can boot by copying those files to USB - because i dont think it will work in USB like in Floppy disk)...
So friends please help me .....

Thanks.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One thing I know about all the guitarists from India is that they either a) know how to play b) learning hard to play this song from bollywood movie "Kalakaar"...
We request you to take a minute to read this short article before you post on CE Forums. For all questions related to this site, visit: -> New Members' Joint...
Guide: How To Post On CrazyEngineers Forum On CE Forum, you can either participate in any existing discussion or start a new discussion. This short guide explains how to do...