Booting Linux from USB

How to use linu from USB?

My CD - ROM is not working and I want to use Linux

Please guide me which linux to download and how to use it and boot from usb?

Replies

• Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    ubuntu 9.10 Live USB Flash Drive Creation

1. Download and launch USB Installer-U910.exe, extracting to your PC. A "USB Installer For Ubuntu 910" folder is automatically created
    2. Download this torrent and proceed to download Ubuntu 9.10 ISO using your favorite torrent client.
    3. Place the Ubuntu 9.10 ISO in the USB Installer for Ubuntu 910 folder on your computer
    4. From the USB Installer for Ubuntu 910 folder on your PC, click START.bat and follow the on screen instructions
    5. Once the script has finished, restart your PC and set your BIOS or Boot Menu to boot from the USB device, save your changes and reboot
  • faizaan
    faizaan
    You can also download an iso image of Backtrack 4 & use software like Unetbootin which will extract files from iso image to pendrive & make it bootable.

I have used it and it seems to be very simple as Unetbootin helps to do much of the task.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Thanks guys!

Trying to download the ISO
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    How much size of pendrive is needed?

Is it needed to be empty?
  • faizaan
    faizaan
    2 gb will be enough and it is not necessary for pendrive to be empty if you have pendrive larger than 2 gb.
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    sarveshgupta
    Thanks guys!

Trying to download the ISO

1) USB Installer-U910.exe

..... #-Link-Snipped-#
    click to download

2) Ubuntu 9.10 ISO

.......#-Link-Snipped-#
    click to download
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Thanks Mahesh ... Thanks a lot

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans, I'm from chennai, and i'm a Electronics and Communication Engineer doing my third year!😛
The first look of veer has released YouTube - Veer - Theatrical Trailer
I want to know php vulnerabilities and How to avoid it ?
hi, i am student of mechanical engineering, i have to prepare a detail presentation on how to use TRANSISTOR AS AN ELECTRONIC SWITCH for my term paper. And i know...
hi, i am jatin kashyap, i had just completed my three year diploma in mechanical engineering from CT institution and now i had join B.tech in LPU (Lovely Professional University),jalandhar....