CrazyEngineers
  • 1) If z=x*y then z*x is?
    Options-
    1)x
    2)0
    3)y
    4)1

2) How many functions are possible with 'n' binary variables?

3) How many functions are possible with 2 Boolean variables?

Don't give only answers.I need explanations too.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • nareshkumar6539

MemberNov 21, 2011

1)If z=x*y then z*x is? if * is EX-OR operation then answer is y.because when both the symbols are same then it will give 0.
    0 EX-OR with Y gives y.(EX-OR follows associative law so we can change the order of input)
    2)with n variables if we construct a truth table then it will contain 2^n entries(rows).In a function that entry may be include or may not be include(we have 2 possibilities)total no.of functions possible with n variables is 2^2^n.
    3) if we apply n=2 in the above formula you will get answer 16.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • SheldonCooper

MemberNov 22, 2011

nareshkumar6539
    1)If z=x*y then z*x is? if * is EX-OR operation then answer is y.because when both the symbols are same then it will give 0.
    0 EX-OR with Y gives y.(EX-OR follows associative law so we can change the order of input)
    But how you considered x=0? Is it an assumption? Then what if I take y=0?
    By the way I like the answer of second question.thanks.
    Cancel
  • nareshkumar6539

MemberNov 22, 2011

I am not assuming x=0. EX-OR follows the associate law means even if we change the order of operation result will be never change that i am using there
    z=x*y then z*x=?
    so i replaced z value in the euation
    x*y*x=>(x*x)*y[i apllied associate law ]
    EX-OR gives output 1 when both inputs are same ,it gives output 0 when both inputs are same x*x so it will give as output 0
    0*y the output of this expression depends on y because
    y=0 output is0
    y=0 output is1
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register