books for mechnical engneering

can any one suggest me good conceptual as well as problem book for folling subject
1)fluid mechnics
2) strength of material
3)material science
4)thermodynamics
5) theory of machines
6) machine desine

Replies

• adimrin
    adimrin
    I would like to add a question to this thread. Can anybody suggest some magazines pertaining to Mechanical Engineering? You know, like CS guys have Chip & Digit. Magazines that provide us with info regarding our field.

Thanks.
  • gohm
    gohm
    ASME has a great magazine for members.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Have look at #-Link-Snipped-# (clickie)
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    shubhrajeet tiwa
    can any one suggest me good conceptual as well as problem book for folling subject
    1)fluid mechnics
    2) strength of material
    3)material science
    4)thermodynamics
    5) theory of machines
    6) machine desine

fluid mechanics by Dr. RK bansal
    strength of material by Gere & TImosenko or khurmi
    material science by WD Callister or V Raghavan (for ip student)
    thermodynamics by Cengel and boyles and PK Nagh
    theory of machine by SS Rattan or khurmi
    machine design by shigley and OP Grover😁
  • shubhrajeet tiwa
    shubhrajeet tiwa
    1)mechnics of fluid by irving shames is also good book
    2)for thermo have you read book on thermo by wildy
    3) book on thermo by r.k rajput is good for question
    4)thermodynimics by c.p arora
  • jscumm
    jscumm
    #-Link-Snipped-#

check out above link
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    jscumm
    #-Link-Snipped-#

check out above link

link is not opening...

• Swapnil Pande
    Swapnil Pande
    swapnil pande
    1) machine desine
    2) Automobile engginearing
    3) power engginearing
  • burhan786
    burhan786
    Have books/Videos from here
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • kurtdaniel
    kurtdaniel
    adimrin
    I would like to add a question to this thread. Can anybody suggest some magazines pertaining to Mechanical Engineering? You know, like CS guys have Chip & Digit. Magazines that provide us with info regarding our field.

Thanks.
    try this #-Link-Snipped-#,, I always read that magazine whenever I want to upgrade with some new #-Link-Snipped-#..
  • gohm
    gohm
    Another vote for asme's magazine, besides, it is good to be a member of the organization.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can any one tell me about working of 1)anti skid braking system 2)traction controlling system
CEans, We've setup a forced 'Rule Acceptance' mechanism on CE to make our new members aware of the basic rules we follow on CE. This is a ONE TIME activity!...
Discuss the announcement following announcement- https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/28554-accept-rules-before-you-post.html in this thread.
CEans, We're featuring CEan Sahiti Pallavi in our KYCEan. Check out our interview with Pallavi here -> Know Your CEan – Sahiti Pallavi - CrazyEngineers Your questions, comments to Pallavi...
CEans, CEan Ash celebrates his *cough*80[sup]th[/sup] *cough* birthday today! Ash has agreed to donate all his wealth to people who say 'aye' in this thread. 😁HapPY Birthday Ash! 😁 :myparty:...