View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12914 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Oct 30, 2008

Bomb Blasts In Assam | Bomb Blasts in Guwahati

It has happened again. There are about 13 blasts in 15 minutes. Over 30 people are dead.

Is there an end to this?
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Oct 30, 2008
Update:

Areas where blasts happened are - Ganeshguri and Fancy Bazar in Guwahati. Barapeta and Bongaigoan and Kokrajhar in Upper Assam. Around 23 people have been killed and around fifty injured according to unofficial reports. Reports claim that ULFA could be behind these serial blasts.
The blasts took place almost simultaneously at 11:30 hrs at crowded marketplaces. Security has been increased around Bongaigon Refinery following the blasts. This is the third bomb blast incident in Assam this year.
Harshad Italiya
Harshad Italiya • Oct 30, 2008
I can't get the Situation that what actually they are going to show... !!!

is there no any option to Stop them????
😔 I can't believe that we've neglected the discussions on bomb detection. Can someone pick up the idea of the laser spectrography thing? It's worth a shot!
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Oct 31, 2008
Ash, if you have time, how about an article? Looks like our articles get lot of responses. We'll put it on the front page just like the Space Elevator article.
The_Big_K
Ash, if you have time, how about an article? Looks like our articles get lot of responses. We'll put it on the front page just like the Space Elevator article.
Looking forward for it.

But question is how worth 'laser spectrography' is? I suppose they were using this technology in Delhi.. but results were no better then blasts and blasts... 😡😡

Seems like CEan first target should be to develop something to determine the Bombs location within a mile...

-CB
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Oct 31, 2008
crazyboy
Looking forward for it.

But question is how worth 'laser spectrography' is? I suppose they were using this technology in Delhi.. but results were no better then blasts and blasts... 😡😡

Seems like CEan first target should be to develop something to determine the Bombs location within a mile...

-CB
CB, one mile would be too big for any detector. I propose a radius of 20 meters for the sensors.

Any crazy ideas on identifying bombs? Probably we need some help from Chemical Engineers, Electronics Engineers & Metallurgy engineers. Hello!
The_Big_K
CB, one mile would be too big for any detector. I propose a radius of 20 meters for the sensors.

Any crazy ideas on identifying bombs? Probably we need some help from Chemical Engineers, Electronics Engineers & Metallurgy engineers. Hello!

I already guessed that somebody would post this post before you posted. But the reason I use 1 mile was, it should be feasible and economical if we want to make any city safe?

How many detectors which can sense for 20 mt can be installed?

-CB

Share this content on your social channels -