CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorOct 29, 2008

Update:

Areas where blasts happened are - Ganeshguri and Fancy Bazar in Guwahati. Barapeta and Bongaigoan and Kokrajhar in Upper Assam. Around 23 people have been killed and around fifty injured according to unofficial reports. Reports claim that ULFA could be behind these serial blasts.
    The blasts took place almost simultaneously at 11:30 hrs at crowded marketplaces. Security has been increased around Bongaigon Refinery following the blasts. This is the third bomb blast incident in Assam this year.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Harshad Italiya

MemberOct 29, 2008

I can't get the Situation that what actually they are going to show... !!!

is there no any option to Stop them????
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberOct 30, 2008

😔 I can't believe that we've neglected the discussions on bomb detection. Can someone pick up the idea of the laser spectrography thing? It's worth a shot!
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorOct 31, 2008

Ash, if you have time, how about an article? Looks like our articles get lot of responses. We'll put it on the front page just like the Space Elevator article.
    Cancel
  • Anil Jain

MemberOct 31, 2008

The_Big_K
    Ash, if you have time, how about an article? Looks like our articles get lot of responses. We'll put it on the front page just like the Space Elevator article.
    Looking forward for it.

But question is how worth 'laser spectrography' is? I suppose they were using this technology in Delhi.. but results were no better then blasts and blasts... 😡😡

Seems like CEan first target should be to develop something to determine the Bombs location within a mile...

-CB
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorOct 31, 2008

crazyboy
    Looking forward for it.

But question is how worth 'laser spectrography' is? I suppose they were using this technology in Delhi.. but results were no better then blasts and blasts... 😡😡

Seems like CEan first target should be to develop something to determine the Bombs location within a mile...

-CB
    CB, one mile would be too big for any detector. I propose a radius of 20 meters for the sensors.

Any crazy ideas on identifying bombs? Probably we need some help from Chemical Engineers, Electronics Engineers & Metallurgy engineers. Hello!
    Cancel
  • Anil Jain

MemberOct 31, 2008

The_Big_K
    CB, one mile would be too big for any detector. I propose a radius of 20 meters for the sensors.

Any crazy ideas on identifying bombs? Probably we need some help from Chemical Engineers, Electronics Engineers & Metallurgy engineers. Hello!

I already guessed that somebody would post this post before you posted. But the reason I use 1 mile was, it should be feasible and economical if we want to make any city safe?

How many detectors which can sense for 20 mt can be installed?

-CB
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register