{ boiler and turbine } control modes

Boiler Master (Firing Rate Demand)

Boiler Master (basic firing rate demand) computation is dependent on the Current operating mode like

Coordinated mode
Boiler Follow mode,

Turbine Follow mode
Manual mode.

This demand is transmitted in parallel to the fuel and air control sub -loops.

(1) Unit Startup

During the unit startup, Boiler Master is determined as a fixed demand with the rate to obtain the optimum boiler steam temperature rising and steam flow until HP turbine bypass control valve is fully closed. This demand will be adjusted manually or automatically according to the unit startup mode.

During this period, Main steam pressure is controlled by HP turbine bypass control valve. During the unit start up, the operating mode will be Manual Mode both Turbine governor and Boiler Master manual.

(2) Normal operation

After HP turbine bypass control valve is fully closed, the operating mode will be normally transferred to Coordinated Control Mode.

In case of Coordinated Control Mode, the turbine governor controls MW and Boiler Master controls the main steam pressure.

In case of Boiler Follow Mode, Boiler Master also controls the main steam pressure.

In case of Boiler Master Manual or load runback, the operating mode becomes Turbine Follow Mode and turbine governor controls the main steam pressure.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Suppose my original IP address is 210.210.210.24 Now i have set the ip address of my system as 200.200.210.200 I am not getting the fact that now in this situation...
Find the greatest number which divides 132,62,237 to leave same remainder.
Researchers have developed a new single pixel camera for the field of scientific imaging. A sensor of just one pixel can record high-quality images and distribute them securely, that is,...
A European consortium, the University of Edinburgh, and TU Delft has been involved in the development and application of the Megaframe Imager ->an ultrafast camera capable of recording images at...
Bangalore: To bring a radical change in the system of admissions to colleges and institutions of higher learning,the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) is contemplating introducing a national-level entrance...