Boeing's Supsersonic Airplane Concept Submitted To NASA

Boeing's engineers have been working on how the airplanes would look like & function 25-30 years from now. The company has already submitted their designs to NASA's N+3 program. The program aims at collecting concepts of the future commercial aircrafts. The designs Boeing's submitted look very promising. Two teams at Boeing's Research & Technology division have completed 18-month research on the topic and has come up with the designs that promise dramatic improvements in the fuel efficiency and environment friendliness of airplanes. NASA has already set very aggressive goals for the design teams.

slide

Boeing's supersonic aircraft design team which includes BR&T, BCA, Pratt & Whitney, Rolls Royce, GE, Georgia Tech, M4 Engineering has focused on four different concepts. These include low fuel burn / low boom swing-wing arrow configuration, V-tail to reduce noise levels and control the sonic boom and an oblique 'scissor' wing concept. The fixed wing configuration has been nicknamed ICON II. It can carry 120 passengers in a two-class, single-aisle interior at a cruise speed of Mach 1.6 - 1.8. The range of ICON II would be 500 nautical miles.

Further details can be obtained from source link -

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Bajaj says that RE60 is not a car, but a quadricycle that it plans to sell at a much cheaper rate in India and several other countries. The TATAs aren't...
My Situation: I'm sort of stuck at the office after my evening shift. It's been raining heavily and I don't have a raincoat. My Question: Once it has stopped raining,...
HI, I have Ubuntu 12.10 installed on my system right now. Now I want to upgrade it to 13.04. But I am little confuse which method will be best to...
I stumbled upon this interesting international project that India is actively involved in. The project is ITER aka International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor which aims to solve our all energy problems...
Hi, all Iam trying to learn MATLAB. please let me know its future scope. And what are the uses and applications. It is very interesting. I know few basics.