BOAT BUILDING IN MEXICO- rules and regs???

Hey, does anyone know who i need to talk to in order to build a boat in Mexico? What are the rules and regulations? I need to talk to the equivalent of the US Coast Guard, but in Mexico i guess. I also heard that the ABS is not involved down there.

Please let me know ASAP because I'm heading down to Mexico to build a vessel in less than a month.

Thanks,
James

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    What size and type of vessel?
  • jamesg
    jamesg
    gohm
    What size and type of vessel?
    It will be a floating concert stage for spring break that I will want to get registered as a vessel in Mexico. It will only be used in Mexico. It will be about 50'X100' and pulled or pushed by a boat. Or it will have outboard motors on it. I plan to build it using JetFloat or a similar modular dock system. I will put sand on it to dress it up like a tropical island for people to enjoy while they watch a concert.

This vessel will be used in calm waters and in the rough open ocean.

I would like to operate this vessel in cabo san lucas, mexico.

Thank you so much for helping me! Let me know if you need more information.

-James
  • gohm
    gohm
    Start off with contacting the Mexican consulate as well as the Ministry of Communications and Transportation.
  • jamesg
    jamesg
    gohm
    Start off with contacting the Mexican consulate as well as the Ministry of Communications and Transportation.
    Someone else told me to do that too. Thanks for the help!

-james
  • gohm
    gohm
    You are welcome, you may have to also work with the Federalis at some point as well, not sure. I don't think Mexico has a coast guard equivelent, the Navy would handle most matters there. Being a barge with people on it, I'm sure you will have to jump through some legal and insurance "hoops" as well.
  • jamesg
    jamesg
    gohm
    You are welcome, you may have to also work with the Federalis at some point as well, not sure. I don't think Mexico has a coast guard equivelent, the Navy would handle most matters there. Being a barge with people on it, I'm sure you will have to jump through some legal and insurance "hoops" as well.
    What is the "Federalis"? Yeah i need to find out about how to insure this barge too.
  • gohm
    gohm
    The Federalis is the Mexican law enforcement agency.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm a word with 3 to 7 letters.I'm plural. If you add 's' at my end ,Iwill be singular.I mean 'of great stature' can you find me? All genius, try...
Hi cean's, I want to learn .net framework from scratch so can some one suggest some good place from where i can first learn basic architecture of .net & than...
To get entire information about Gate entrance exam please visit 😛 😛
The 20-year old engineering student Niket Chandrashekar from New Horizon College in Bangalore, has developed a portable Operating System that can be stored and operated from any device. 20 yr...
SSC + HSC + BTech + MBA = UNEMPLOYMENT An Idea + An Idiot = A Dot com. One Chinese gymnast = India's Gold Medal tally since 1896 Sushmita Sen...