Bluetooth Data Transfer Rates

Bluetooth is a low power radio technology and connect other electronic device without wire connection. But Bluetooth operates in the 2.4GHz and Speed up 700+ kbit/s. But I have no idea about Newer Bluetooth version maybe it’s faster. About Bluetooth Version 1, 2 , 3, 4 ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've updated the title from 'Bluetooth' to something more meaningful. Have you performed a basic search on the Internet to see what data transfer speeds various BT versions offer? I'd highly recommend reading Wikipedia article on Bluetooth for details: Bluetooth
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    BLE - Bluetooth 4.0 has fastest data transfer rate.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Harshad Italiya
    BLE - Bluetooth 4.0 has fastest data transfer rate.
    AFAIK, Transfer rate of 3.0 & 4.0 is same. Except, 4.0 is energy efficient(a very big plus).
    The mechanism they use is very impressive for Power saving : It communicates only when device need to communicate, means BT won't be constantly connected to device, it will stay connected only when device want some data from some hardware,else it will get dced again.
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    Always the revised versions of bluetooth are faster and efficient than the previous ones.
    For example bluetooth 2 - provided better pairing capabilities and Enhanced Data Rates(EDR).
    bluetooth 3 - provided high speed along with the previous features.
    bluetooth 4 - provided less energy consumption with the above said features.
    Also checkout this link for more information.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ahsanul haque
    Ahsanul haque
    Bluetooth used 2.4 GHz that’s why less energy consumption.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Ahsanul haque
    Bluetooth used 2.4 GHz that’s why less energy consumption.
    Frequency of operation doesn't directly determine the power consumed by the device friend

The duty cycle in which it operates which is the Time in which the components are active tells us the power consumed by the device

You must note that this new bluetooth tech turns itself off when it is not in use as said before in posts. That is the reason for the power consumption
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Jeffrey Samuel
    Frequency of operation doesn't directly determine the power consumed by the device friend

The duty cycle in which it operates which is the Time in which the components are active tells us the power consumed by the device

You must note that this new bluetooth tech turns itself off when it is not in use as said before in posts. That is the reason for the power consumption
    Not only turning off feature makes it Low power device. They also come up with energy efficient hardware inside.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello pple.. im a mechanical engineering fresher.. ive tried many jobs and tired.. i wanted to start up my small scale industry in mechanical field.. please suggest me some product...
Happy b'day @Harshad Italiya 🎉 I got this information on Skype 😁
Air Force Cellular (AFCEL) is the latest initiative of the Indian Air Force to become one of the first forces to have their own secure and private 3G data network....
Most of the NASA bots and rovers that were sent to the Moon or Mars have 6-wheels. I've always wanted to ask what advantage do these 6 wheels offer. Of...
All right, I am quite sure that again my thread will go virgin; though Imma try few more times before I give up on asking queries here. I wrote conky...