Bluetooth Architecture: Concept Explained

I am trying to share some of my knowledge about the Bluetooth Architecture.

Here it goes:

Let us begin with a brief overview of what it contains and what it is intended to do.
The basic unit of a bluetooth system is a 'piconet', which consists of a master node and up to seven active slave nodes within a distance of 10 meters.
Multiple piconets can exist in the same (large) room and can be connected via a bridge node.

An interconnected collection of piconets is called a scatternet.

[โ€‹IMG]

In addition to the seven active slave nodes in a piconet, there can be up to 255 parked nodes in the net. These are devices that the master has switched to a low-power state to reduce the drain on their batteries. In parked state, a device cannot do anything except respond to an activation or beacon signal from the master. There are also two intermediate power states, hold and sniff, but these will not concern us here.

The reason for the master/slave design is that the designers intended to facilitate the implementation of complete Bluetooth chips for under $5. The consequence of this decision is that the slaves are fairly dumb, basically just doing whatever the master tells them to do.

At its heart, a piconet is a centralized TDM system, with the master controlling the clock and determining which device gets to communicate in which time slot. All communication is between the master and a slave; direct slave-slave communication is not possible.โ€‹

Replies

• X-Engineer
    X-Engineer
    Nice Explanation regarding blue tooth architecture by Teacher...he he..

Can one master control more than 1 slave ..simultaneously.??
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Hey nice sharing AKD... Was this the same stuff as we studied in our 8th Sem Mobile Communication? ๐Ÿ˜€ Nice illustration... ๐Ÿ˜
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    X-Engineer
    Nice Explanation regarding blue tooth architecture by Teacher...he he..

Can one master control more than 1 slave ..simultaneously.??
    I think its 8 slaves max
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Yeah, 2[SUP]3[/SUP] = 8! That's because of the binary communication between the BT Devices. Moreover, it is because only 3 devices can be directly paired. Please correct me if am wrong! (Studied an year ago! ๐Ÿ˜”)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi!๐Ÿ˜€ i need to state the complete MPEG video coding procedure๐Ÿ˜‰.so please help me 2 state how the MPEG video coding procedure works! ๐Ÿ˜€ thanx!
Ceans, do you think that ENGINEERS are the one responsible for what is happening now in our environment... the global warming, climate change, other abnormalities in the nature??
smbdy help me abt quantum devices???????????๐Ÿ˜’
Please friends help me to invent electric gear box for two wheeler. send any detail which you now........... This is for handicap people wnich are not able to complete gear...
Hi All, The term Planning holds good for any field, so i hereby initiate a general discussion to know and to share the idea behind "PLANNING", Experts please do share...