BlueStacks App Player For Windows Enters Beta

If you don't know what BlueStacks App Player is, you need to hand over your 'geek' badge to us right away. For those who know what BlueStacks App Player is - we've a good news for you. The software has evolved from alpha to beta-1 and available for further testing on Windows machines. The app player lets you run over 450k Android apps on your Windows (Vista, XP and 7) and the best part of the whole stuff is that the app developers don't have to modify their code by a bit. The beta brings lot of goodies including the company's patent-pending Layercake technology that allows apps written for the ARM processor to seamlessly run on X86 based PCs. It also includes hardware acceleration support which wasn't a part of the alpha version of the player.

[​IMG]

The Beta-1 has been localized for 10 different countries and we're totally excited. The technology will now bring the best of the two worlds: Android and Windows to the consumers. It's like all the 450k Android apps coming to the Windows users at once while taking advantage of the APU and GPU platforms.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I am bit frustrated by the working of Bluestacks.It doesnt run big size games(>10MB) without buffering.It struggles a lot and a lot of forced close message in my PC.I downloaded the latest Beta 1 Bluestacks from its official website.How can i play big games flawlessly?
    I am quite happy to run opera in bluestacks that too when i am using mobile to connect with laptop.I am seeing a good speed here.Try it and post your experience here.
    @#-Link-Snipped-#
    I am using Beta version of Bluestacks which i had downloaded from the official website and i am facing a problem where the applications were updating automatically.
    I had changed the settings to"Update via Wifi only" but still it updates automatically.How to stop automatic update.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Remember that cute superbowl advertisement of a young kid dressed as Darth Vader trying to make things move using gestures? Yeah, something cool like that is coming for Mac users,...
Video-conferencing has been the best way till now to communicate with people located far away in some corner of the world. It gives more of a personal feeling bringing the...
Craig Eisler, General Manager of the Kinect for Windows project announced on the official MSDN blog that they're getting ready to launch Kinect for Windows in 19 more countries - ...
Founder of GigaOm, Mr. Om Malik says that the hide & seek with Google's much awaited online storage service called Google Drive aka GDrive may finally end in April this...
Consuming Pizza has become a trend all over the world especially for the younger ones. Even the Pizza companies are leaving no stones unaltered in providing the best quality pizza...