BlueMaestro's Pacifi Allows Parents To Monitor Their Baby's Temperature

BlueMaestro today launched a new device called Pacifi. It is the world’s first smart pacifier that monitors a baby’s temperature and transmits the data to an app on a parent’s iOS or Android smartphone or tablet. With a temperature sensor built into the pacifier’s silicon teat, Pacifi transmits temperature data via Bluetooth 4.0 to an app on an iOS or Android smartphone or tablet. This app determines when the temperature is the most accurate and then time-stamps and plots the temperature data in a graph. With the help of this app, parents can record when medication was administered, set-up alerts/reminders and share the data with carers and medical professionals.

The free app also allows Pacifi to be calibrated from other temperature measuring devices such as infra-red and in-ear thermometers. Pacifi is compatible with iOS devices operating on iOS 7 (and higher) and android devices operating on Android 4.3 (and higher) that have Bluetooth 4.0.

pacifi-overview

Pacifi features an in-built proximity sensor that allows parents to monitor the pacifier’s location and alerts the parents when their child wanders off. With the help of the app, parents can set the distance (up to a range of 50 metres), for the alarm to be triggered when this is breached. The pacifier also features a buzzer alarm that can be activated via the smartphone when it has been misplaced or hidden by a child.

Smart-Pacifier1
Pacifi is energised using a low-energy Bluetooth Smart chip and hence has a battery life of more than one year. It is available in many colors and you can buy this device at $40.00 at BlueMaestro’s Innovators in Bluetooth Monitoring.

Source: Innovators in Bluetooth Monitoring

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everybody, I was studying in my room for the semester and suddenly an idea popped out of an affordable (or cheapest) windows pc. This thought popped out for the...
So, I was reading lot of source code of various sites that are designed on Bootstrap3. I've come up with these three things: respond.js css3-mediaqueries.js html5shiv I'm having a hard...
The iOS 8.2 beta was released just 13 days ago. A Chinese based team of hackers called TaiG have already released the jailbroken versions for both, the iOS 8.2 beta...

yo!

Hello everyone here, I'm Nishant. I'm studying my 2nd year currently. I can code in most of the web development field in ease and ofc, I'm freelancer 😁
Celkon is a local manufacturing company known for its involvement in the development of mobile phones, Tablet PC solutions and wireless technologies. It is also a member of Android One...