Blood Vessels recognition in retinal image

Hi, i'm new in this forum and i'd ask you some help; i'm trying to solve a problem in my university thesis but i need some ideas; i'm working with retinal images and i'm trying to detect the vessels in a automatic way with Matlab software; i tried to improve the image working in the contrast and brightness but now i have some problems about the accurate recognition of the single vessels. I tried to use K-means and fuzzy c-means algorithm but the results aren't so good.
Someone can give me help please??

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Have methods like the application of contrast colour optical filters to enhance contrast been tried?
  • grigo
    grigo
    I used this code:
    imm_temp=double(f_analyzed); m=min(imm_temp😀));
    M=max(imm_temp😀));
    betcontr_imm=255*(imm_temp-m)/(M-m);
    betcontr_imm=uint8(betcontr_imm);
    betcontr_immlog=mat2gray(log(1 + double(f_analyzed)));

I used two type of way to improve the contrast but the better solution is the logarithmic one.
  • grigo
    grigo
    the smile is colon...
  • grigo
    grigo
    the situation is this; i have a retinal image of the blood vessels and the seg structure with all the crossover and the bifurcations. I have to create an automatic algorithm that analyzes all the cross.. and bifurc... that improves the result of the tracking algorithm that gave me the seg structure with all the coordinates of the bifurc and crossover. I read a lot of papers but i don't understand how to proceed and what type of algorithm is best for my work.
    To solve my problem i take all the single big and cross and analyze them alone, so i improve the contrast and use the Laplacian and logarithmic filters with this windows
    w4=fspecial('laplacian',0);
    w8=[1 1 1; 1 -8 1; 1 1 1];
    wlog=fspecial('log');
    The best solution i can see is the w8 but it depends in particular by the image that i'm analyzing.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm quite amused by this video that shows robots that measure just few millimeters and are capable of jumping few centimeters high. These robots have been developed by Army Research...
Sir (all senior members), Please let me know what you think about pursuing post graduate diploma in Remote Sensing & Geographic Information System from npti after btech in ece. i...
Technology Robotix Society brings to you ROBOTIX 2012, the biggest robotics competition in South-East Asia, to be held during 27 - 30 January 2012 as part of Kshitij, the annual...
HI CEans! Name: SUNIL PAL *Engineering Trade:ELECTRONICS&COMMUNICATION ENGINEERINGLocation:NCR(INDIA) *Occupation: STUDENT *Hobbies & Interests: CHATTING WITH FRIENDS, DANCING, WORKING ON PROJECTS,STUDY,ETC *Aim in life: EARN MONEY&RECOGNITION *I joined CrazyEngineers because: I...
please tell me ceans ............................................................................ WHY IS ELECTRIC FIELD OR MAGNETIC FIELD ARE PERPENDICULAR TO EACH OTHER CREATED BY SAME SOURCE?