Block USB Drive

To this what can be done is that the USB can be blocked and then stopping the use of USB drives. Here is a simple registry hack to do so, try it with care.

1. Go to Start –> Run, type Regedit.
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlset\Servic es\USBStor
3. In the right pane, look for value Start and have value as 0000000(3)
4. Double click on that and change that value to 4.

You might be required to restart the PC, and then you are done with it, USB is now blocked.

In case if you want to get the USB unblocked, just change the value again to 3

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    nice tip
    actually i need it
  • safwan
    safwan
    Hay buddy I think no modes present today Please put your posts on appropriate place.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Nice trick...I think Computer tips & tricks thread is the right place to post this.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There are many new features in Windows Vista that are installed by default that you may not need. These extra and un-needed features can slow down your computer and take...
what is the difference between horizontal suspension and any other type of vertical suspension? why horizontal suspension is preferred in formula car over other suspension?
dear all CEans! is there any simple calculation or some kind of a software to calculate heat load of building? if any one can share info or link to any...
I have planned to do a project on image processing.can I do both face recognition and fingerprint recognition? or only one project at a time? If so can you guide...
I have planned to do a project on image processing. Can i do both face recognition and fingerprint recognition? or i can only do one of them? could you please...