Blackberry Leap Aims At Mid-Tier Segment With Rs. 21,499 Price Tag

India is booming with startups and entrepreneurs have become the top crowd to become early adopters of new gadgets. Targeting this audience, the all new Blackberry Leap flagship smartphone has officially entered India and is right now available on eBay for purchasing at a price of Rs. 21,499. Running on the latest Blackberry 10 OS, this phone comes with an all-touch screen. Ditching the feature for which the iconic brand is identified globally - the presence of physical keyboard, Blackberry Leap features an on screen keyboard, something that most Android and iOS phones will be seen carrying. Let's find out the major specifications on the Leap smartphone as it starts appearing in the hands of thousands of youngsters in India.

There's 5 inch display with 1280 x 720 pixel resolution and 294 ppi density on a 16:9 aspect ratio screen. Having a 1.5 GHz Qualcomm MSM 8960 processor as its engine, the Blackberry Leap features 2 GB RAM, 16 GB Flash memory and hot swappable microSD memory card support up to 128 GB. A 2800 mAh battery powers this phone and it offers up to 25 hours of mixed usage (12 hours of talktime and ~ 15 days on standby).

Blackberry-Leap-India-Launch-1 Blackberry-Leap-India-Launch-2
On the phone's rear end is an 8 megapixel auto-focus camera with flash and 5x digital zoom. The camera is capable of recording 1080p HD videos. The one on the front is a 2 megapixel snapper that offers 720 pixel HD video recording.

We checked major e-commerce portals to find if the smartphone has been officially listed on any for sale. However, it seems that an exclusive tie-up with the likes of Amazon, Flipkart or Snapdeal doesn't look probable.

Take a look at the video featuring the Leap -

What are your thoughts about the all new Blackberry Leap? Do you like its features and specifications and find the pricing reasonable? Share your thoughts with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    Common Raj says "too kostlee". At the current price, if someone is hell bent on BlackBerry, it would be more economical to buy a Z30 rather than a Leap. The pros of BlackBerry Z30

Can run BlackBerry 10.3.
    Has got stereo speakers.
    Got better GPU
    Got a slightly higher capacity battery.
    HDMI port
    Better processor
    NFC

Blackberry Leap has got this pros.

LCD display
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like you are a true blue Blackberry follower. 👍
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like you are a true blue Blackberry follower. 👍
    Heh! Nobody is perfect, yes?

Yes, I like BlackBerry for reasons I have. Especially the BlackBerry 10 phones. Only negative usually people say about them is apps gaps, "too little, too late" when comes to specs and most importantly "tvoo kostly". These are no factor for me as I look at lag free experience, stability, build quality and useful features.

But, right now I have a Lumia 930. I think that cardinal sin itself spell my doom when I meet another BlackBerry die hard!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Kraken 3.0 is the new version of Kraken 'Autonomous Underwater Vehicle' AUV, being designed and built by a team of about 20 undergraduate students from IIT Kharagpur. All these students...
A folded cotton reusable fabric used to be common as a diaper in India before the aggressively marketed disposables. Washington Post published an article that shows that the reusable may...
NASA's heartbeat detection technology has helped save several lives after the recent earthquake in Nepal. The technology developed by the department of homeland security is aptly called FINDER - an...
So, I was browsing the web and found that people are getting really interested in being creative with a play of words. Twitter is currently the hot bed of Three-word-stories....
Hello all, Are you aware of any colleges or universities, who ask for their students to undergo 6 months internship in their 7th / 5th Semester during the July-Dec cycle...