Black_Rose

Black_Rose
@black-rose-OYtC6o โ€ข Oct 26, 2024

Name: Well I won't admit my real name for all to see, so for all the fellow CEans you may refer to me as BR, Black_Rose or Maya =)

Engineering Trade: Computer Systems

Location: London

Occupation: I'm a foundation year student, I was studying BA Politics before and changed in my second year.. ๐Ÿ˜’ don't ask LONG story.

Work Experience: Nothing noteworthy *Sigh*

Hobbies & Interests: Music, Music and er Music.

Aim in life: Well there are a few goals I have in mind, but for the time being I'll keep them to myself.. so you all don't end up laughing when I fall flat on my face ๐Ÿ˜›

I joined CrazyEngineers because: Randomly, I came across it whilst researching a few things on MATLAB. Look forward to getting to know a few of you.

That's all really? Anything else.. ask me.

Replies

Welcome, guest

Join CrazyEngineers to reply, ask questions, and participate in conversations.

CrazyEngineers powered by Jatra Community Platform

  • gohm

    @gohm-F3UUpP • Mar 28, 2009

    Welcome to CE Black Rose, thanks for the intro. You know when you say not to ask people are compelled to ask! =)

  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 28, 2009

    ^^ Agh you're right, it draws in the curious. Hmph, I guess I fell into that hole all by myself. I got bored with Politics hence the change. Long story short.

  • raj87verma88

    @raj87verma88-ZpL2Wn • Mar 28, 2009

    Hello and welcome to CE. Enjoy and be an active member.

    Aim in life: Well there are a few goals I have in mind, but for the time being I'll keep them to myself.. so you all don't end up laughing when I fall flat on my face :razz:

    I know curiosity killed the cat but I couldn't stop myself. We would like to know your goals. Don't worry, no one will laugh at you. I assure you.

  • J I J O

    @j-i-j-o-Qfo12V • Mar 28, 2009

    Welcome to CE and please be an active member.... enjoy the stay

  • Yamini L

    @yamini-uMEVDQ • Mar 28, 2009

    Hi Black_Rose,Welcome to CE..

  • Kaustubh Katdare

    @thebigk • Mar 28, 2009

    Welcome to CE Black Rose ๐Ÿ˜€ We hope you'll enjoy CE and help us spread the word.

    PS: We've so many CEans interested in MATLAB. I'll try to get the MATLAB creators on CE. Let's hope they'll be interested.

  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 29, 2009

    raj87verma88Hello and welcome to CE. Enjoy and be an active member.


    I know curiosity killed the cat but I couldn't stop myself. We would like to know your goals. Don't worry, no one will laugh at you. I assure you.

    Hey back at you! Thank you for the welcome. I shall endeavour to be an active member.

    As for my aims, they are the same as everyone else.. I want to rule the world? ๐Ÿ˜Ž

  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 29, 2009

    J I J OWelcome to CE and please be an active member.... enjoy the stay
    miniyHi Black_Rose,Welcome to CE..


    Thank you guys :$

    The_Big_KWelcome to CE Black Rose ๐Ÿ˜€ We hope you'll enjoy CE and help us spread the word.

    PS: We've so many CEans interested in MATLAB. I'll try to get the MATLAB creators on CE. Let's hope they'll be interested.

    I would love to see an interview with them, it's a shame I didn't find this site earlier, I have a ten minute presentation on MATLAB tomorrow *sigh* My timing sucks?!?

  • Saandeep Sreerambatla

    @saandeep-sreerambatla-hWHU1M • Mar 29, 2009

    Welcome to Ce Black_Rose

  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 29, 2009

    English-ScaredWelcome to Ce Black_Rose

    Thank you =)

  • sauravgoswami

    @sauravgoswami-UAfTlI • Mar 30, 2009

    hi...welcome to CE!!!...hope your black will radiate positivity

  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 30, 2009

    sauravgoswamihi...welcome to CE!!!...hope your black will radiate positivity

    Thank you! Aww it does I've been told =)

  • sauravgoswami

    @sauravgoswami-UAfTlI • Mar 30, 2009

    dont mind,but black is never taken in good sence,though its just a colour nothing pshycic about it!!!

  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 31, 2009

    sauravgoswamidont mind,but black is never taken in good sence,though its just a colour nothing pshycic about it!!!

    Well not to be all technical Black isn't actually a colour though some would argue otherwise. In any case, Black_Rose is merely a symbolism and not to be taken as two separate entities.

    And who says black isn't taken in a good sense? The house of Allah is decorated in black ๐Ÿ˜›

  • Harshad Italiya

    @harshad-ukH5ww • Mar 31, 2009

    Warm welcome to Black Rose on CE

    Enjoy your stay here.

    Godfather

  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 31, 2009

    godfatherWarm welcome to Black Rose on CE

    Enjoy your stay here.

    Godfather

    Equally warm thanks Godfather, I will do =)

  • sauravgoswami

    @sauravgoswami-UAfTlI • Mar 31, 2009

    Sure dude,it depends,anyhow keep up the good work!!


    Black_RoseWell not to be all technical Black isn't actually a colour though some would argue otherwise. In any case, Black_Rose is merely a symbolism and not to be taken as two separate entities.

    And who says black isn't taken in a good sense? The house of Allah is decorated in black ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare

    @thebigk • Mar 31, 2009

    sauravgoswamiSure dude,it depends,anyhow keep up the good work!!

    Dudette. ๐Ÿ˜€

  • sauravgoswami

    @sauravgoswami-UAfTlI • Mar 31, 2009

    ok,will refrain from next time

  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 31, 2009

    The_Big_KDudette. ๐Ÿ˜€

    Lol atleast someone noticed. There I was wondering.. ๐Ÿ˜’

    Can anyone explain the mystery of why there is only 6 girls in my class (including me) and 60 odd guys?

    *Sigh*

  • sauravgoswami

    @sauravgoswami-UAfTlI • Mar 31, 2009

    might be girls, are not good in disscussion,taking nothing away from girls!!!

    Black_RoseLol atleast someone noticed. There I was wondering.. ๐Ÿ˜’

    Can anyone explain the mystery of why there is only 6 girls in my class (including me) and 60 odd guys?

    *Sigh*
  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 31, 2009

    sauravgoswamimight be girls, are not good in disscussion,taking nothing away from girls!!!

    I'll have you know, I could outwit, outdiscuss and outshine any man. Not taking anything away from any of the men ๐Ÿ˜›

  • raj87verma88

    @raj87verma88-ZpL2Wn • Mar 31, 2009

    Or may be barring a few, most of the girls do not find engineering interesting. Taking nothing away from anyone.

  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 31, 2009

    raj87verma88Or may be barring a few, most of the girls do not find engineering interesting. Taking nothing away from anyone.

    I don't know why they wouldn't? I'm the happiest with this subject, but I guess to each to their own. I suppose you're right. In my opinion: Engineering rocks. ๐Ÿ˜Simple.

  • sauravgoswami

    @sauravgoswami-UAfTlI • Mar 31, 2009

    Thats quite encouraging!!! but you are a exception,most girls dont prefer engineering

    Black_RoseI don't know why they wouldn't? I'm the happiest with this subject, but I guess to each to their own. I suppose you're right. In my opinion: Engineering rocks. ๐Ÿ˜Simple.
  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 31, 2009

    sauravgoswamiThats quite encouraging!!! but you are a exception,most girls dont prefer engineering


    ๐Ÿ˜” You're right and knowing that you're right and that it's the truth is a sore point which I shall try and ignore, lol. I wish girls would go into a variety of fields instead of the same old same old. Though my tutor said that over the years the number of female to male ratio has increased, let's hope it keeps going that way (Even though it's rising VERY SLOWLY)

  • sauravgoswami

    @sauravgoswami-UAfTlI • Mar 31, 2009

    well you should accept the truth,anyhow from ages females do not prefer engineering,though they are good in problem solving!!!

    Black_Rose๐Ÿ˜” You're right and knowing that you're right and that it's the truth is a sore point which I shall try and ignore, lol. I wish girls would go into a variety of fields instead of the same old same old. Though my tutor said that over the years the number of female to male ratio has increased, let's hope it keeps going that way (Even though it's rising VERY SLOWLY)
  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 31, 2009

    sauravgoswamiwell you should accept the truth,anyhow from ages females do not prefer engineering,though they are good in problem solving!!!

    I begrudgingly accept the truth. Happy now :!

    Lol, we are not just good at problem solving, but also many other things. If I started listing it all I would never finish typing this post ๐Ÿ˜›

  • sauravgoswami

    @sauravgoswami-UAfTlI • Mar 31, 2009

    well then start a different thred in chit-chat section were every member will take active participation!!! as this thread is intended for your introduction only!!!!

    Black_RoseI begrudgingly accept the truth. Happy now :!

    Lol, we are not just good at problem solving, but also many other things. If I started listing it all I would never finish typing this post ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 31, 2009

    ^^ But it's self titled? I can write what I like because it's all about me! Lol. I'll start a few threads but not yet. I want to contribute to other threads before adding some of my own.

  • sauravgoswami

    @sauravgoswami-UAfTlI • Mar 31, 2009

    Very well,new trend no one has done it earlier as nothing is seld declared nor here not in any forum as much as i know

    Black_Rose^^ But it's self titled? I can write what I like because it's all about me! Lol. I'll start a few threads but not yet. I want to contribute to other threads before adding some of my own.
  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 31, 2009

    sauravgoswamiVery well,new trend no one has done it earlier as nothing is seld declared nor here not in any forum as much as i know

    Lol time to try out a new thing? Just because an issue has never arisen or been challenged shall we then my friend stick by conforming to all conventions, living our lives as robots? We are human, so let's experience something a little different๐Ÿ˜ (End of lesson one.) Lol.

  • sauravgoswami

    @sauravgoswami-UAfTlI • Mar 31, 2009

    Very well,it not about trrying new things its all about forum aticates,watever you will always treated equal and will be rewarded as you deserve!!!

    Black_RoseLol time to try out a new thing? Just because an issue has never arisen or been challenged shall we then my friend stick by conforming to all conventions, living our lives as robots? We are human, so let's experience something a little different๐Ÿ˜ (End of lesson one.) Lol.
  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 31, 2009

    sauravgoswamiVery well,it not about trrying new things its all about forum aticates,watever you will always treated equal and will be rewarded as you deserve!!!


    Am I to take it, you think I'm not following etiquette by replying to you on my introduction thread? I shall try to remember that in future, so when you write something, I should politely ignore you. Insha'Allah I hope you are rewarded as you deserve too.

    Perhaps instead of telling me what to do, you should stick to telling yourself those things and abiding by the conventions which you've taken to be law. =)

    All the best.

  • sauravgoswami

    @sauravgoswami-UAfTlI • Mar 31, 2009

    You took me in wrong sence,anyway apolosize if i hurt your sentiments anyway,anyhow its new to forum culture definately will be accepted and appreciated,LOL!!!


    Black_RoseAm I to take it, you think I'm not following etiquette by replying to you on my introduction thread? I shall try to remember that in future, so when you write something, I should politely ignore you. Insha'Allah I hope you are rewarded as you deserve too.

    Perhaps instead of telling me what to do, you should stick to telling yourself those things and abiding by the conventions which you've taken to be law. =)

    All the best.
  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 31, 2009

    sauravgoswamiYou took me in wrong sence,anyway apolosize if i hurt your sentiments anyway,anyhow its new to forum culture definately will be accepted and appreciated,LOL!!!

    You need not apologise. You said it how you saw it I much appreciate your honesty. If I mistook anything then please accept my apologies. You haven't hurt my sentiments or other. I'm unfazed.

  • raj87verma88

    @raj87verma88-ZpL2Wn • Mar 31, 2009

    Prolonging a discussion always leads to a bitter end. Sometimes someone misinterprets the other person or a person fails to convey his/her ideas in a proper way and the meaning comes out different. Whatever the case, it causes some strain.

  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 31, 2009

    raj87verma88Prolonging a discussion always leads to a bitter end. Sometimes someone misinterprets the other person or a person fails to convey his/her ideas in a proper way and the meaning comes out different. Whatever the case, it causes some strain.


    Lol thank you for that succinct prognosis Dr. Raj (Patty). What would you advise that one does in future to avoid such occurrences?

  • raj87verma88

    @raj87verma88-ZpL2Wn • Mar 31, 2009

    The advise is to end the discussion and especially debate as early as possible. Because then, people hold on to their views and neither budge nor are ready to accept other's point of view.

  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 31, 2009

    raj87verma88The advise is to end the discussion and especially debate as early as possible. Because then, people hold on to their views and neither budge nor are ready to accept other's point of view.


    Dr. Raj can I ask you a question? What is the difference between a discussion and a debate? (If any)

    Admittedly I am stubborn but I can accept another's point of view, as I believe everyone is entitled to have one.

    I shall keep your advice in mind. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜›

  • raj87verma88

    @raj87verma88-ZpL2Wn • Mar 31, 2009

    A prolonged discussion can and will always lead to a debate. All debates are discussions but all discussions are not debates.
    Anyway, it is good if you can accept someone elses point of you. I guess I am prolonging the discussions here too. So I will stop here, before it becomes a debate.

  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 31, 2009

    raj87verma88A prolonged discussion can and will always lead to a debate. All debates are discussions but all discussions are not debates.
    Anyway, it is good if you can accept someone elses point of you. I guess I am prolonging the discussions here too. So I will stop here, before it becomes a debate.

    Ahh, thank you for the clarification. I note that you are a preacher who practices his preachings. I can tell we are going to get along very well.

    ๐Ÿ˜

  • Kaustubh Katdare

    @thebigk • Mar 31, 2009

    Chill everyone!

  • Ashraf HZ

    @Ash • Mar 31, 2009

    Welcome to CE, Maya!

    Haha, you are super addicted with posting on CE. Keep it up ๐Ÿ˜‰

    Regarding girl's interests in engineering, theres a 1:1 ratio for my major (communications). In computer engineering, girls out number boys ๐Ÿ˜›

    This site might interest you: <a href="https://www.nerdgirls.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">STEM | United States | Nerd Girls</a>

  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 31, 2009

    ashWelcome to CE, Maya!

    Haha, you are super addicted with posting on CE. Keep it up ๐Ÿ˜‰

    Regarding girl's interests in engineering, theres a 1:1 ratio for my major (communications). In computer engineering, girls out number boys ๐Ÿ˜›

    This site might interest you: <a href="https://www.nerdgirls.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">STEM | United States | Nerd Girls</a>

    Firstly thank you for the welcome.

    I'm not addicted to posting on CE (yet) lol, it's just the addiction of reading my own words. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

    I can't believe the ratio in your classes. Life's majorly unfair? Lol you'll forgive me if I pass on Nerd Girls, sounds and looks a little too erm.. (can't think of any nice word to insert here)..

    Lol, I'll stick to CE.

  • Kaustubh Katdare

    @thebigk • Mar 31, 2009

    How do you like the sound of 'Geek Girls'? By the way, have you heard of London Geek Girls Dinners?

    Take a look: #-Link-Snipped-#

  • Ashraf HZ

    @Ash • Mar 31, 2009

    Well, might sound weird.. but its apparently a reality show about engineering girls who try to build things. The pilot episode (yeah, I admit I watched it) shows their plans in making a solar panel car. You can say it's trying to champion the cause of women in technology fields.

    It certainly blew the stereotype of pretty girls not being able to build something cool at least ๐Ÿ˜‰

    ...and I wouldn't say the ratio in my uni was unfair either.. *grin*

  • Black_Rose

    @black-rose-OYtC6o • Mar 31, 2009

    I don't know which worries me more, the fact that I don't know about the geekgirls/nerdgirls or the fact that you guys do. Lol.

    Na, I'll pass on both, I'm content.

    Lol Ash, I don't much care for reality shows, though that actually does sound interesting. Please tell me the girls are dressed modestly? It sounds like you know... ๐Ÿ˜Ž girls dressed in as very little as possible whilst bending over a car bonnet? Not my idea of entertainment.. ๐Ÿ˜


  • Ashraf HZ

    @Ash • Mar 31, 2009

    Ok, the image of skimpy dressed girls bending over a car bonnet actually disturbs me ๐Ÿ˜›

    No worries, they are modestly dressed. I guess there IS a positive correlation between how well someone dresses and their intelligence ๐Ÿ˜‰

  • raj87verma88

    @raj87verma88-ZpL2Wn • Mar 31, 2009

    Don't tell me Ash you try to follow all such shows. With so many Lady CEans in the house, I got to know of such shows from a guy.