bit addressable registers in 8251 mircocontroller

please tell about the bit addressable registers in 8251 mircocontroller..........i cant even understand the meaning or definition i searched the web..but i didnt get the answers😔....please tell wat is the basic thing behind the bit addressable registers...😕

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Post moved to new thread.
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Bit-addressable registers are registers that its bits can be modified individually. that means if you have register named "ACC" that is bit addressable , you can change its bits (D0 -D7) individually by special instructions SETB and CLR.

ex: SETB ACC.3 ; will set bit number 4 (remember bit 0) in the register

in 8051 there are many bit-addressable registers such as A (ACC), B, SCON, PCON, TCON, p0,p1,p2,p3 .

Source: net
  • elamparithi
    elamparithi
    mahesh_dahale
    Bit-addressable registers are registers that its bits can be modified individually. that means if you have register named "ACC" that is bit addressable , you can change its bits (D0 -D7) individually by special instructions SETB and CLR.

ex: SETB ACC.3 ; will set bit number 4 (remember bit 0) in the register

in 8051 there are many bit-addressable registers such as A (ACC), B, SCON, PCON, TCON, p0,p1,p2,p3 .

Source: net
    Thank u very much for your reply...but if i change the bit value in a register.... what happens to the contents of the registers... ?????
  • shreya_rulz
    shreya_rulz
    If you change the value of any bit in a register then the contents change to the new value that you have given..the only difference between usual registers and bit addressable ones is that you can access and modify the contents bit -wise for bit addressable ones.you dont have to change the value of the whole register to change value of a single bit.
    like if you want to change the value of ACC to say 08h then it is sufficient to write
    SETB ACC.3
    instead of
    MOV ACC,#08H
    Hope this helps...If you have any further queries please let me know..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Source: CBC News - Technology & Science - EU objects to Sun-Oracle deal European antitrust regulators have formally objected to Oracle Corp.'s $7.4-billion US takeover of Sun Microsystems Inc., citing...
I've been facing a strange issue with Yahoo Mail & Firefox. When I login to my Yahoo mail using Firefox latest - and then try to logout, nothing happens. Upon...
CEans, We've confirmation from the cofounder of Wikipedia Mr. Jimmy Wales for our Small Talk. Thanks to persistent efforts by our CEan - Mad_Scientist that we got a chance to...
Lot of students are told that 'In today's world, one cannot really survive without a post graduate degree'. Even on CE, we see lot of engineering students asking whether they...
Hey guys just got hands on list of top laptops of 2009 under Rs. 50,000 published by PC world. Looks like Acer and Dell are ruling the roost. Check out...