Birthday Celebration Ideas - Innovative, Funny, Unique, Exciting!

I like to celebrate my friends' and relatives' birthdays. I always try to bring some innovation to the way we celebrate it.

We can make someone's birthday special by innovating in following areas:
1. The 'way' we wish them happy birthday
2. The place where we celebrate it
3. The kind/type of gift we give

I have ran out of the new ideas this year. 😐 I hope we can get some useful ideas here.

PS: We can also think of ideas to celebrate a birthday online.

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    in my view surprising and simple gifts can do this job
    don't make them to know what your doing and make them special when your wishing him/her
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    On the day before their Birthday act like you dont know that its their birthday tomorrow. Dont talk to them properly. Mingle with your other friends. Let them feel that you dont care about them. Next day morning give whatever gift you wanted to give ( Go to their room at 12 in the night and wish them with a hug! ). Later give them those materialistic gifts *which makes them happy.
  • Marknal
    Marknal
    hi all am new to join this community i have no how old this thread..
    thanks for your valuable ideas..

​
  • kathrinrich
    kathrinrich
    Give him a surprise party and the place should be some outdoor place...
    tell him that come with me i have to meet another person and surprise him with this party...
    i think you are his friend you know better what he needs in his life...
    so give him that thing which he need the most...
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    You can do this,

Print a shirt with "Happy Birthday xxxxx" on it.

Dont just show up with that tee, go in front of them , open your jacket show it up and go! Dont just talk its a bit new way to wish. πŸ˜›
  • Reya
    Reya
    πŸ˜‰Celebrate her birthday in her favourite place.

wish her with your friends in conference.

Know what she likes the most and gift her.She will feel very happy.

Write a riddle in a paper and keep the bits in some places.Ask her to find the answer for each riddle to know the path.Finally she reaches the place where her friends are waiting to celebrate her birthday.

Create an animated birthday card using flash and present her. She will be excited when she comes to know that you have spent lot of time to create a birthday card for her.

If you wanna be innovative,try to make the gift on your own.She can never forget that in her life.

Create a photo frame using photoshop and place all the photos which you both had taken together.

If you are good at singing and guitaring,compose a tune and write the lyrics on your own like AJπŸ˜‰Record it and mail her πŸ˜€

PS: Hope sahithi is not reading this postπŸ˜‰
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Bumping an old thread. I would really like to know what new CEans here think. Share your ideas about your own birthday celebration as well as that of your beloved ones.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    Recently I celebrated one my friend's b'day.
    Since its was exam day, so we planned to surprise her by the cake cutting just after the exam.
    Everyone had a b'day cap on their heads and a number of her favorite gifts and useful too (as we used to discuss about our needs)

So on that stressful day of exam also we celebrated full-hearted with various memories clicked as pictures..πŸ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I celebrated my friends Bday by making her think as if I was too busy in other works well actually We were all planning a surprise visit to her house that afternoon

That element of surprise is always ultimate and can never be equalled
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    A friend's birthday is coming up and I recalled this discussion I had started a few years back.

I think if you are going to "go that extra mile" and gift a person with something on their birthday, it has to be simple and meaningful.
    Like someone has said in this discussion, the more simple and heart-felt the gift, the more it will be etched in the sweet memories of the person whose birthday we are celebrating.

To think of ideas, we should begin with focusing on their favorites.
    It could start with something like cooking the breakfast food that they love or taking them to a place they love and then presenting them with a simple, hand-made card.

Now-a-days, there are so many different customized cake options. You could just make a cake in the shape of their favorite TV-series character or the sports club they adore.

Decorating a place with things they like could also be a fun-gift idea. You could create a mix-tape of the songs they like or record a video with an interesting message they you want to convey.

The important thing is to let them know that this day is special and what makes it special is the person whose birth day it is.

Make the day about them. Try to know what they like and how they like it.
    A nice birthday celebration requires a lot of effort and time. If the person is worth all that, I am sure you'll end up feeling a lot happy by making them feel special.
    πŸ˜€

Inviting comments from fellow CEans on this one -

#-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# [USERGROUP=80]@Editorial[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=83]@Blogstars[/USERGROUP]
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I am the last person you should be asking about this. I for one do not believe birthdays are special.
    My 75th one is coming up in a few days. In bangalore this is usually celebrated in a big way. I have foot my foot down hard and scotched any and all special activities.
    I love my grand daughter dearly. She will call me from far away Washington DC and sing the birthday song. That alone is worth waiting a year for.

In my opinion all that a birthday signifies is that the person has completed one more orbit around the sun. Is that a cause to celebrate?

Having said that minority view, when I do participate in such an event, I usually give a present that can be savoured over a time. A book, a tool or a utility item. I also make sure that it does not carry a permanent giver's name.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Never gift a showcase item.Its utter crap.Make it memorable .Gift some really useful things.I believe books are best in terms of utility.Gift your hand drawn pic or a hand made gift.It shows your dedication and love for them.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I would gift a photo collage that contains pictures of all memorable moments in her life.
  • Manashree Thokal
    Manashree Thokal
    Boys always manage innovative ideas. Have seen them making funny posters "Bhau la vadhdivsachya hardik shubheccha" and put them on public places etc.
    Crazy fun!

Also, a treasure hunt concept for a Birthday! How amazing is that!! A chain of clues and gifts.

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Ankita Katdare
    A friend's birthday is coming up and I recalled this discussion I had started a few years back.

I think if you are going to "go that extra mile" and gift a person with something on their birthday, it has to be simple and meaningful.
    Like someone has said in this discussion, the more simple and heart-felt the gift, the more it will be etched in the sweet memories of the person whose birthday we are celebrating.

To think of ideas, we should begin with focusing on their favorites.
    It could start with something like cooking the breakfast food that they love or taking them to a place they love and then presenting them with a simple, hand-made card.

Now-a-days, there are so many different customized cake options. You could just make a cake in the shape of their favorite TV-series character or the sports club they adore.

Decorating a place with things they like could also be a fun-gift idea. You could create a mix-tape of the songs they like or record a video with an interesting message they you want to convey.

The important thing is to let them know that this day is special and what makes it special is the person whose birth day it is.

Make the day about them. Try to know what they like and how they like it.
    A nice birthday celebration requires a lot of effort and time. If the person is worth all that, I am sure you'll end up feeling a lot happy by making them feel special.
    πŸ˜€

Inviting comments from fellow CEans on this one -

#-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# [USERGROUP=80][USERGROUP=80]@Editorial[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=83][USERGROUP=83]@Blogstars[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP]
    It's got to be the element of surprise that would be special. But take care about what you choose to surprise the person with. And if it's a lover's birthday - then a true lover would know what to give his/her love as the perfect gift. Just follow your instincts and don't listen to what everyone says - not everyone would appreciate a book!
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    A Surprise Trip would be my choice with a beautiful gift in end.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    What more would one want for a birthday if one can have this?

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Vikram S Bargah
    #-Link-Snipped-# Wishing You Peace & Sound Health on your Birthday Sir !
    Wish him HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAMANI SIR!!!! Don't spam this thread! 😁 - (me included!)
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Anoop Mathew
    Wish him HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAMANI SIR!!!! Don't spam this thread! 😁 - (me included!)
    Post Deleted.... its Your Turn Now..πŸ˜›
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Vikram S Bargah
    Post Deleted.... its Your Turn Now..πŸ˜›
    Done 😁. Thanks for opening my eyes to 'Delete' option.πŸ˜›
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Trying to conjure up ideas to celebrate my mom's birthday. Here are some ideas that someone reading this could find helpful.

1. Go on a road trip.
    2. Buy her a couple of her favorite author's books
    3. Prepare her favorite dishes for family lunch or dinner
    4. Get her new walking shoes or a perfume.
    5. Write her a poem (not the senti one, but something to laugh about)
    6. Call all her friends and throw a surprise party on the rooftop
    7. Buy her favorite flower plants and plant them together in the garden she's created.
    8. Make a donation in her name. Clothes, books, food etc.
    9. Rent a fun movie and make home-made snacks to accompany.
    10. Make some art. Create a photo frame, some origami flowers, a holder of some sorts to keep her important stuff.

While thinking of ideas, I realized that most people can't think of many ways to celebrate.. to make the day just a little more special.
    At the end of the day, it's all about putting a smile on the face of the birthday person.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Any new members looking forward to sharing ideas? #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

I think that in a world full of buying ready-made gift items for a birthday party celebration, anything handmade stands out. :) If you create something with your own hands, you will create a lasting impression in the mind of the person who is at the receiving end.

So what are some really cool DIY birthday gift ideas that will pop in the celebrations?

1. Cook or Bake something!
    2. Decorate their room.
    3. Plan in advance, and create a bonsai tree for them
    4. Build something from wood, craft paper -> something that makes fond memories.
    5. Make a mixtape of their favorite songs
    6. Create a friendship/relationship bracelet from small jewelry making kits.
    7. If you love singing, do a karaoke session at their favorite location.
    8. Host a sleepover of your favorite circle throughout the night, prepare games in advance.

• Natasha Thakur
    Natasha Thakur

How can we celebrate one's birthday online without trending?Β 

• Mohit Patil
    Mohit Patil

#-Link-Snipped-# What do you mean by the word trending? Can you elaborate?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

[video=youtube;Zi_bMYFmFGg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi_bMYFmFGg[/video]
ReWalkβ„’ is an alternative mobility solution to the wheelchair for individuals with severe walking impairments, enabling them to stand, walk, ascend/descent stairs and more. Present version costs $150,000 and has...
This robot can apply for a manufacturing job in your company. πŸ˜‰ [video=youtube;70V6J4Y8hnc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70V6J4Y8hnc&feature=[/video]
CEans, Those who are good in PHP+Ajax, CE is willing to offer you a paid project to improve the posting experience on our forums. The project is based on the...
Just two days back a friend asked me about throwing out date expired food. Common sense and not a printed date should prevail. How do we handle food cooked by...