Biker Operation Automation Technology

Project Abstract / Summary : The pace at which technology is developing, people tend to forget a lot of things when they leave home, but one thing that they never forget is their phone. In order to use that constraint optimistically, over the past few decades there has been solid work and research put into achieving “One Touch” technology.

BOAT, is a fragment of “One Touch” technology implemented on the operations of the bike that makes it a little more than just a bike. It is an advanced functionality that transfers the complete control of a bike to a smart device possessed by the rider, making the whole bike controllable with just a tap on the device.

BOAT offers three major controls of a bike :

1. A Bike Locking System
  2. A GPS tracker to find the location of the bike at any given time and kill it.
  3. An Ignition System to turn on / off the engine

The backbone technology of BOAT is Internet of Things (IoT) and Embedded Computing System(ECS).

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : There is tendency these days to smarten things up, which has given birth to the term "Smart Device". Technology has advanced so much that we are now talking about watering our garden, controlling our AC, closing the gates of our house etc. from miles away. The whole concept making things communicate with each other over the Internet excites me. I marvel at the idea of how we can control tiny aspects of our lives with Smart Devices using IoT. Hence, it was a definite YES from me

Project Highlights : I think our project adds a layer of security to a motorcycle, something which hasn't been provided my most motorcycle manufacturers. With this idea implemented, the user will be able to track his/her motorcycle & can perform a kill switch operation to shut down the engine in case of theft. He can also turn on and off the ignition with just one tap on the app on the phone. There will also be a web application such that, in case the phone is stolen, motorcycle can still be accessed from the web application. And then there is a unique authentication method that any user has to pass through in order to get access to his/her bike.

Project Category : CS / IT / Networking
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: MVJ College of Engineering
City: Bangalore
State: Karnataka
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : In this project,we have made a Robot to follow us based upon the input we give like T-Shirt, or Watermark etc; This is done on...
Project Abstract / Summary : Bio-diesel refers to a vegetable oil or animal fat based diesel fuel consisting of long esters. bio diesel is typically made by chemically reacting lipids....
Project Abstract / Summary : Designing and fabricating a kinematic linkage mechanism for opening and closing the windoww with five locking positions for various sash positions of window.Motive is should...
Suggest me topic for project in structural engineering for ME Structure..
Im doing my final year Mechanical engineering.I have planned to do a project on self balancing bicycle.Can you share your ideas for its fabrication much better.