Big project

My BE is just started. I did my mini project "Microcontrollar based toll booth system". Now I want some topics that help me in big project.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Any pointers on what kind of project you are willing to do?
  • omya_816
    omya_816
    We are planning to do further modifications in the mini project i.e."Microcontroller based toll booth system"
    In that we took 3 pairs of IR sensors which was placed vertically one above the other. i.e. 3 IR transmitters on one side (vertically placed) & 3 IR receivers on the opposite side (vertically placed).
    Hence just by sensing the height of the vehicle, the type of vehicle & respected toll get displayed on the LCD. (For example- CAR RS 20
    TEMPO RS 40
    TRUCK RS 60 )
    Now what are the further different modifications shall we do??
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    omya_816
    We are planning to do further modifications in the mini project i.e."Microcontroller based toll booth system"
    In that we took 3 pairs of IR sensors which was placed vertically one above the other. i.e. 3 IR transmitters on one side (vertically placed) & 3 IR receivers on the opposite side (vertically placed).
    Hence just by sensing the height of the vehicle, the type of vehicle & respected toll get displayed on the LCD. (For example- CAR RS 20
    TEMPO RS 40
    TRUCK RS 60 )
    Now what are the further different modifications shall we do??
    Project looks like "Traffic Density monitoring"

Good idea ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Add a carbon dioxide/monoxide sensor. If the vehicle's exhaust is too polluting, charge extra toll *grin*
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ash
    Add a carbon dioxide/monoxide sensor. If the vehicle's exhaust is too polluting, charge extra toll *grin*
    Good idea.. ash ๐Ÿ˜

One more Idea ๐Ÿ˜‰

Use Smart Card in Vehicle they have monthly pass money deducted form their account automatically ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    godfather
    Good idea.. ash ๐Ÿ˜

One more Idea ๐Ÿ˜‰

Use Smart Card in Vehicle they have monthly pass money deducted form their account automatically ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Do they have that in India already? Malaysia has implemented that smart card idea. In fact, I've got one in my car ๐Ÿ˜€

Concept is quite simple as long as one is familiar with RFID and IR. The smart card is a standard RFID card, and comes with it's own reader. This reader also has an IR transmitter which can transmit long range. At the toll, theres a bunch of IR sensors at the top. So as long as the RFID reader and IR sensor is facing each other (alignment does not have to be perfect), the system will detect it.. even when the car is moving slowly. That way.. theres no need to install expensive long range active RFID systems when you can just use IR for that!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ash
    Do they have that in India already? Malaysia has implemented that smart card idea. In fact, I've got one in my car ๐Ÿ˜€

Concept is quite simple as long as one is familiar with RFID and IR. The smart card is a standard RFID card, and comes with it's own reader. This reader also has an IR transmitter which can transmit long range. At the toll, theres a bunch of IR sensors at the top. So as long as the RFID reader and IR sensor is facing each other (alignment does not have to be perfect), the system will detect it.. even when the car is moving slowly. That way.. theres no need to install expensive long range active RFID systems when you can just use IR for that!
    Actually i had done this Smart Card Project in my Company so i get this idea.. well now i have some time to understood its programming.. i know Hardware ๐Ÿ˜›

i don't think that in India there is such system and yes i think Malaysia was the first country to use this system in Such application ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I'm not sure about that, but it has been around for more than 10 years I guess. The Malaysian government is a bit obsessed with smart cards. Even our Identification cards have been replaced with smart card versions with features that are underused (RFID, ATM withdrawal, etc) mostly due to lack of awareness or that people find it hard to adapt to technology. Then again if your IC is misplaced, you'll have a lot more to lose ๐Ÿ˜‰

*ahem* sorry for going off topic ๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Iam a 7th sem electronics and instrumentation student.We have to present a seminar as a part of our curriculum.Can u plz send me some topics dealing with latest technologies in...
โ€‹ You know, we might be inclined to disbelieve this exciting tale of derring-do if it weren't for the highly improbably heroics and ingenuity displayed by its three protagonists --...
Microsoft's new, free antivirus application Microsoft Security Essentials was released in a limited beta this morning, and now that we've got our hands on it, let's take a look at...
Hi, I am currently trying to create a lamina flow Stirling engine as a little project on my own. I understand the basic concept of Stirling engines and the fact...
here I read some tips.. All About Ice Machine Illinois: The Most Common Ice Machine Repair