Bidirectional and universal Shift registers

Whether bidirectional and universal shift registers are same?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nope Universal shift registers are used to implement other registers

Bidirectional ones help in transfer of data in both the direction based on the control signal
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    jeffrey samuel
    Nope Universal shift registers are used to implement other registers

Bidirectional ones help in transfer of data in both the direction based on the control signal
    Thanks
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    A universal shift registers can take parallel and serial serial data & can output them parallel or serially, both right and left.

While in bi-directional shift register, you can have only one of the functionality(serial/parallel) at a time.
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    [Prototype]
    A universal shift registers can take parallel and serial serial data & can output them parallel or serially, both right and left.

While in bi-directional shift register, you can have only one of the functionality(serial/parallel) at a time.
    Thank you

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is difference between rigid and semirigid diaphragm in Etabs.And how it takes place in load bearing structure
I wish to know what is active low and active high in electronics?
Which is better and why ? Just going to be using it for normal purposes and no complex tasks are going to be performed But I want some advice in...
i don't understand how a capacitor(however small its value might be) can hold the peak value of voltage supplied to it
I was thinking of trying out Windows and decided to download a copy on my Mac. Now, as soon as I head over to Microsoft India website and click on...