Bezeq brings in first Public Wi-Fi service in Israel

Bezeq Telecommunication Co. Ltd.; an Israeli company today launched Bezeq Free Wi-Fi: a public Wi-Fi service. This is first of its kind in Israel. This new service will give consumers free unlimited Internet access from smart phones, and laptops over the wi-fi and away from home.

The company would be using a model in which every home router will work as a hotspot. In last few months Bezeq had carried out a pilot project with several hundred interested participants. This model uses network resources and maximizes consumer advantage. Each consumer benefits while resources are shared in common and fairly.

Now the big question would be how secure this model would be, is it possible to implement any such model in India? So that any country can be made fully wi-fi enabled?

-CB

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Super cool! Just curious to know how is this going to work. Yes, the home owners will be able to create 'guest' connections, but maintaining the persistence of connectivity is going to be a challenge. Has the company developed a new kind of hardware/software to make this possible?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    No very sure and I have to dive deeper into this to find that out.
    Do we have any of our friend from Israel on the forum who have idea about this?

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Will ask around. I see lot of Israeli engineers on the site though. Anyone reading this? 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

friend i need the themes for electrical enginrg pls give me some awesome themes ;so that i can prepare for our dept funtn ;its my duty now
I wonder whether company laying off employees quoting 'non availability of project', 'cost-cutting' etc. is justified. If company can't find a project for the employee - is it employee's fault...
hi to all, i have started a project on automatic vaccum cleaner.i have a doubt that can a gps is used for detecting obstacles in house?or ultrasonic sensor is the...
Interesting talk on entrepreneurship by Hitesh Dhingra - founder of LetsBuy.com - the eCommerce startup that was recently acquired by Flipkart.com. Catch how Hitesh started with just Rs. 10 lakh...
Hello I have recently pursued my engg. in the feild of electronics and telecomm. I want to apply for MS in my core field. If I have a job experience...