Beware of the fake interview emails that ask you to deposit money!

One of my ex-colleagues informed to me that he received an email from interview.call [at] wiprolimited.biz. The email looked like it's originated from WIPRO (notice the domain Wiprolimited.biz) and anyone not aware of the scam can easily get fooled. The email asks the user to deposit Rs. 8k to a bank account, which it says is owned by WIPRO. The email promises that once the money is deposited, WIPRO will conduct interview.

If you received any such email, please mark it as 'spam'. No big company worth working for would ever ask you to deposit money for the interview. If you want to do some hacking, just open the email headers and check the originating domain. In my colleague's case it's Wiprolimited.biz . Then check the 'whois' information of the domain.

Wipro will send emails only from Wipro.com.

I've learned that in the last few days several such scam mails have been circulating on the Internet, especially among those who're looking for jobs. Don't deposit money to any account! If you have doubts, better call the company directly and ask!

Replies

• Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Not only wipro, I have received some similar mails from people pretending to be from IBM, Infosys, Philips too asking to deposit some amount and looking at the email-id does help in deciding that the mail is fake
  • Shobha khokhar
    Shobha khokhar
    i also received these kinds of mails.even recently i got a mail from tech mahindra .but its office is in my city and i visited the main office then i got to know that the mail was fake....😔😔😔
  • mail154
    mail154
    Yes It Was Quite Common Nowadays. Though I Didn't Seek Jobs I Received too many mails regarding this. We Can find it easily from looking the sender email address. we may try company name from google and on their website they clearly mention from what address they would send email. though there were common,still many of them get into it and suffer.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well I received offers for a job of tele Scribe recently promising 100 fold return when I pay them $100 for the first time

Hope None gets deceived

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Cayan Towers, the world's tallest, unique building that twists 90 degrees from the ground to the top floor has been inaugurated in Dubai. Cayan investment and development has inaugurated the...
Piaggio, the Italian scooter manufacturer, has showcased its new two-wheeler with Vespa VX in Pune. A variant of the original Vespa, VX has got a lot of new features to...
We say that the potential of earth is considered zero? Why is it that potential at all points on earth is zero? Earth has resistance and there is fault current...
I have tried Ubuntu and other variants in virtual machine, but now I am thinking to move to linux now. I have downloaded linux 13.04 64bit and trying to install...
CAN ANYBODY SPECIFY THE SUITABLE MATERIAL FOR MAKING GEARS FOR OPTO MECHANICAL INSTRUMENTS USED IN ASTRONOMICAL RESEARCH INSTITUTES.PLEASE PROVIDE THE RELEVANT PROPERTIES FOR THE SAID GEAR MATERIAL.