BEWARE : Letter from "Economic and Financial Crime Commission"

Here are the contents of the letter that I received from "Economic and Financial Crime Commission". If you haven't realised already, it is a fake!!

How did I assume it is a fake?? I had a look at the e-mail address. It is registered at live.com. Isn't it suspicious that the EFCC "officer" does not have her own official EFCC id!

Please be wary of such letters and click on the 'Report Spam' button as soon as you read it (for fun of course)!!

Economic And Financial Crime Commission (EFCC)
N0 24 West African RoadLagos-Nigeria.
#-Link-Snipped-#
Motto: No Body is Above the Law

ATTENTION:Benefficiary,

BE CAREFUL OF THE HUDLOOMS,In the receipt of your email which the content therein is well noted by this Office of Economic And Financial Crime Commission (E..F.C.C) the department appointed to ensure that we fight against Cyber Crime going on now arround the World particularly here in Nigeria those imposters bringing bad reputation to our Country, which the President have announces to us to make sure that we try our possible best and get those kind of people arrested just like Mr. John Wheeler and some of his gangs these fellows are now facing the law of Nigeria which they are going to go for twenty five (25) years in jail with hard labour, but some of them escape but an information was passed today that they are in a refugee camp at Zimbabwe on the running from their crime, so please 'you have to be very carefully now with them, but we don’t think that they still contact you again because they are on the run for their life, but we will make sure that we search them out to face the law.

And just regard to the banking details submitted to this Office by Mr. John Wheeler from China that claim to be sent by you, which you too have made it clear to us that you have nothing to do with him and beside you don’t even know him at all, well’ we have already forwarded his information to the Union Bank of Nigeria (U.B.N) PLC the bank that was appointed by the President to be in charge of the payment. Note please, you have to confirm to us your full banking details immediately in other for us to go now and STOP the bank from making the Transfer to him, because the bank had already have his information for the man seems to be smatter than you.

So! here is the information you need to Re-Confirm immediately to avoid mistake or Transfer
into a wrong account:

Your full name and Address:
Your Telephone #:
Bank Name:Bank Address:
Bank Phone #:
Bank Account #:
Swift Or Routing #:
Account Name:
Name Of Next Of Ken:

Note, you have to file to this office the information listed bellow immediately to avoid the bank from making the transfer to the account submitted by Mr. John Wheeler from China because we will not be responsible again after the transfer have been made to him, so you have to be very fast and file the information in other for us to move it to the Union Bank of Nigeria PLC. Finally, you have to really thank God that you are able to received this information quickly, for the transfer have suppose to take place this week into his account, but it’s the will of God that you are very fast too.

Looking forward to hear from you urgently.
Best regards.
Mrs. Farida Mzamber Waziri
EFCC OFFICE.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Maddy - do report the mail as 'Spam' and also phishing attempt.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    The_Big_K
    Maddy - do report the mail as 'Spam' and also phishing attempt.

already done!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm wondering how long does a toothbrush last for an engineer 😛 ? I remember one of my toothbrush lived for over 2 years 👍. However I've heard that a...
hi.. i just want to now the working of usb ..
CEans, D.K. Srivastava, global HR head for HCL Tech mentions that HCL is planning to hire 2000+ software engineers over next 2-3 months. I believe this is a great news...
CEans, If you have problems posting a new thread in any of the sections on CE, please inform me immediately at admin @ crazyengineers dot com.
I want to create a rmi application in java I m using net beans for that can any one tell me how to create stub using netbeans???