CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Ankita Katdare • 27 Feb, 2015
We recently told you about the upcoming projects planned by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and how the new chairman plans to execute the various missions. Well, adding another feather to space organisation's cap, the new chairman Mr. AS Kiran Kumar has revealed that India will soon have better satellites capable of earth observations. While speaking at the International Conference on Climate Change and Disaster Management at Kovalam, the Chairman said that the future of earth observation relies on following key points - 1. Continuity and improvement of the operational constellation of satellites, 2. Sustained observation of all climate variables and 3. Global co-operation for comparing observation data.

While that was being shared at the conference, a French space agency president raised concerns about climate change and urged everyone to pool resources and co-ordinate space missions so as to study and research by space-based observation of the rapidly changing climate. Another issue that needs immediate attention is disaster management, which can be better controlled with specific managers and short-term training programmes for existing staff.

earth-observation-satellite-ISRO
By bettering the Earth observation satellites, ISRO researchers will be able to not only monitor climate change, but also provide useful data related to fires, dust storms, ice mapping, effects of pollution, boundaries of ocean currents, energy flows, etc. Among the existing list of earth observation satellites by ISRO, there's the IRS series since 1988 and Megha-Tropiques, Oceansat-2, IMS-1, Cartosat-2A and CARTOSAT-2 1 among the recent ones since 2005.

What are your thoughts on the words of the new ISRO chairman? Share with us in comments below.
5.8k views

Related Posts

@madhulika19 · Dec 23, 2013

there are 60 seats in c-dac(pune+noida) for pgd-gi course.. and my rank in section A is 64 what are my chances? which c-dac institute is best for pgd-gi(geoinformatics) course, pune...
3.6k views

@SDKING · Mar 26, 2013

architecture of 80386 microprocessor.. i want block diagram for it??
6.3k views

@m.l.v.mangesh · Jul 8, 2014

Sir I completed my be I wss not intrested in doing job but well interested in doing business I was good intrested to keep a small scale industry in mechanical...
4.8k views

@Radhika Deshpande · Oct 12, 2011

The following are the Questions and Answers that mostly the Ambassador asked in the Embassy during the interview. So you must prepare yourself about all these questions before going for...
8.1k views

@Whats In Name · May 13, 2013

Can someone please explain me the concept of message passing in java with an example?What does object invoking methods on other object means?
6k views