Best Wireless Router For Home Use

CEans, I wish to buy a wireless router for home use. The basic purpose is to make my home wifi and have a strong signal for a longer range. It would be nice if the router can double as a broadband modem. Suggestions, please? 😀

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    netgear all the way , but looks like beklin is also nice.multiple antennas antenna s for wider coverage, heavy speed 300Mpbs??!! ( bottleneck would then be your ISP).WPA 2 is good enough for home network encryption

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, Belkin looks good. Any special reasons for Netgear?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I previously was using a Netgear one. When we had few of our friends shift into adjacent apt, they too shared our wLAN and they had perfect signal. I suggested netgear for long distance and it too comes with mimo antennas with 54 mbps as far i remember. But we connected to it an external wimax device, so i aren't too sure if it can act as modem cum router
    currently I am using beklin, configuring it is real butter totally smooth, I had little problem trying to restore config from netgear (may be i was too naive back then), but beklin neer gave me configuration headaches .
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I use a Linksys from Cisco. Expensive. Cost me >7K (Big K!?)
    Good range, rugged. Needs a modem though.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Good one sir!! (7k ==B K ) 😁
    yes, linksys , dlink are other options, but given that K is looking for a modem + router, i thought Belkin was good.

Frankly , i picked up a dlink from roadside scrap (yes, i truly did that) and tried configuring it, it caused me a lot of trouble (may be it was totally used up and did not oblige). but now a days all the wireless routers.modems come with builtin set up and a cd which makes the whole process quite easy to configure , so configuration can be removed out as an option

Sir, whats your rrouter specs , i am just keen to know nothing more
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've a linksys from CISCO as well. But I've problems with its range. By the way, I don't see any of the routers mentioning the range (I'm aware it reduces with the obstacles). I will check out both Netgear and Linksys.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I suggest you try moving your current router around. Cordless phones, microwaves interfere with wireless routers ( yes, sound too strange ) and move the device away from metallic surfaces.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just wanted to let you know that my recent 'Once In A Lifetime 2.0' trip to Israel has been covered in the Jerusalem Post : Five Widely-Read Bloggers Tour Israel...
Tired of the dust bunnies sucked into your computer's air-intake grill? A new technique called superwicking might finally allow scientists to build liquid-cooled computers. Experts say the method could provide...
TI opens power management reference library
A survey of voltage reference technologies: A Look At Voltage Reference ICs Page of
hi, i'm a final year computer science student having trouble picking. After some thought i considered working on a project that will help the nation's currrent crises and unrest (terrorism,...