Best way to increase aptitude skills?

In short time and with great determination, can we increase our aptitude skills?
If so..,suggest some measures?
It would be better if the suggestion is very clear not just stating that just work out previous papers.
Suggest a resource in particular and then give your tips(optional)/your experience?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The best way to be able to solve multiple choice math and logical question is to practice. But when practice is coupled with smart problem solving techniques, the results are the best! The more the number of apti questions you will solve, the better you will be at solving them. The aim should be to attain a level of efficiency when you can guess the answer automatically while reading the question. Because having solved 100s of similar questions; you will know the right approach to solving the questions.

Solving previous years will definitely help.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Saijayadeep
    In short time and with great determination, can we increase our aptitude skills?
    If so..,suggest some measures?
    It would be better if the suggestion is very clear not just stating that just work out previous papers.
    Suggest a resource in particular and then give your tips(optional)/your experience?
    Take some good books of Aptitude (eg. RS Aggarwal) and practice daily.
    Keeping time restriction (ie solving problems within some fixed time limit) will help for sure.
    Then the questions which u find difficult, you can discuss with us to get multiple ideas to solve problems.
    Good Luck 😀
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    sir #-Link-Snipped-#
    Actually i prepared my mind to practice apti questions in the month of june as i am having vacation and till the last moment of my vacation starting time my internship confirmation in a company is in pending and at last i got it and worked as an intern for one month...now i am not confident that i am good in aptitude and by next month probably we will get companies for recruitment so now i am having a lot of fear to face it...what should i do now?
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    Thank You rahul..!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd say keep practicing the aptitude till the moment you get placed in your dream company. You can dedicate some time to hone your communication skills (if required) and it'd not hurt to go through all the textbooks and important subjects/topics before you face interviews.
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    because of the fear i am not able to concentrate well...am i fearing unnecessarily?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Saijayadeep
    because of the fear i am not able to concentrate well...am i fearing unnecessarily?

of course you are ! don't be afraid. just think of the aptitude papers as one of the analytical engineering papers which you like.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    A lot of students believe that those with in-born talent have exceptional aptitude skills and they can solve aptitude problems much faster than others. There are a lot of misconceptions about having a great IQ as an in-born ability, when the reality is that every skill can be developed with enough practice. Ask that to a well-versed musician or a mathematician or a rocket scientist. They got to where they are at by practicing at their chosen subject. Same goes for improving aptitude skills. I do not need to repeat the importance of smart work being as necessary as hard work.

Why is improving aptitude skills important?
    • No matter what career path you choose, the so-called competitive exams taken as the entrance test are going to be there.
    • More than 70% of the world’s recruitment companies use aptitude test as a part of their recruitment procedure.
    A common problem among students is that they don't know where to start. Questions like, which book to purchase, what problems to solve, what needs more attention plague the student's mind and that often leads to over-thinking and in-action.

The best way to improve aptitude skills is by starting with one particular topic at a time.
    Check the major areas where you need to focus your efforts on:
    1. Time, Speed and Distance questions
    2. Time and Work related questions
    3. Probability questions
    4. Permutation and Combination based questions
    5. Ration and Proportions
    6. Allegations and Mixtures
    7. Percentages
    8. Algebra
    9. Number systems
    10. Averages
    11. Data Interpretation
    12. Profit and Loss
    13. Mensuration
    Go ahead and buy the book by R.S.Agrawal and start solving problems of each type. Check your answers and identify the topics where your answers are the most wrong. You have to read the solutions in this area and practice more of those.

Tip: Solve any 10 questions of any 3 topics everyday. Within a week's time you will see an improvement in your results.

Once you are done chewing that book from head to toe. Go for solving puzzles. There are tons of websites that offer them.

If you think online is too much of a distraction, buy the books by Shakuntala Devi.
    Names:
    • Puzzles to Puzzle You
    • More Puzzles to Puzzle You
    Try to solve any 3 problems of this book everyday on your own, without any external help.

Even if you dedicate just 1 hour of everyday for 2-3 months, you will see phenomenal increase in your aptitude test scores.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Doug Engelbart, inventor of the mouse and much else besides passed away peacefully at 88. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23174052
Hi my field is CS,can anyone help me choose favorite subject for campus interviews!!
Hi guys, I have added about 8 resources on QTP. Most of them are detailed presentations on topics. Please ask all the questions related here. So that I will be...
German website Computerbase has leaked the official AMD 2013 (i.e Steamroller) roadmap.We know that at CES showed the roadmap with steamroller based Kaveri APU mentioned with year 2013. ​ ​Tebash...
Drone It Yourself kit allows you to turn your computer keyboard, telephone, physics book, iPad 2 and Beatles DVD into a flying RC drone. Yep - you read that right!...