Best Universities for MS in Mechanical Engineering in USA

Let's make a list of the Best Universities for MS in Mechanical Engineering in USA and what makes them the best in this field.
It will come handy to many.

PS: Try not to copy paste exact list from other sites. [​IMG]

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Let us also post information on *How to get in to them*, what say people?
  • saimriyaz
    saimriyaz
    american universities are best in the world....................
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here's what been discussed about the US universities from the top of the list for mechanical engineering:

1. Stanford University in CA
    - Their mechanical department is separated into five groups or programs including the Biomechanical Engineering (BME) Program, the Design Group, Flow Physic and Computational Engineering (FPCE) Group, the Mechanics and Computation Group and the Thermosciences Group.

2. University of California, Berkeley
    - The university offers several different degrees in mechanical engineering, including a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. and M.Eng. The department also offers a unique Doctor of Engineering (D.Eng.) and a 5-year B.S./M.S. program for undergraduates interested in obtaining both degrees in a shorter period of time.

3. Purdue University
    - The School of Mechanical Engineering is organized into the following areas: Acoustics and Noise Control, Bioengineering, Combustion, Energy Utilization and Thermodynamics, Design, Fluid Mechanics and Propulsion, Heat Transfer, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Manufacturing and Materials Processing, Mechanics and Vibration, Nanotechnology, Systems, Measurement & Control.

4. University of Illinois - Urbana Campaign
    - includes many areas of specialization, including bioengineering, energy systems and thermodynamics and nano- and microelectromechanical systems (NEMS and MEMS). Master's and doctoral students in theoretical and applied mechanics specialize in fluid mechanics, solid mechanics and materials, dynamics, applied mathematics, and computational science and engineering.

And then of course there is Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
  • Tapan_mech
    Tapan_mech
    It would be very helpful if Best Univs in Mechanical Engineering for MS around the world viz Germnay, Sweden etc. are also mentioned.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Disclaimer: This is a full-on time pass thread, you can lie if you want and if no one knows your real name. 😐 😁 If you type your name into...
[FONT=trebuchet ms, Arial, Helvetica]An anagram is a word or phrase made up of the letters of another word or phrase. Here are some simple examples: TEACH = cheat PALE =...
I was wondering how many CEans revise all subjects before going to the final examination theory paper? Do give reasons for your answer. 😉
This question is from all the aspiring entrepreneurs. I am sure this question must have popped in your mind at least for a moment. A lot of entrepreneurs have fantastic...
I'm starting a new discussion thread dedicated to our all India meet on November 26, 2011. I'm sure many CEans would want to be a part of this meet. I've...