Best thread!

Hey Big_K,

I was just thinking,why not add a sticky in each forum,which contains the best threads of that particular forum,this will help others to find best threads and also inspire CEans to create best threads to have their it enlisted in the sticky.

Whats your say?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Good Idea but for that we need some good quality threads too. and we have to finalize the criteria to make thread Sticky.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I first thought this thread is about rewarding the best thread starters every week. There would be too many stickies soon if we stick the best threads. Instead, why not have ONE sticky thread in which we keep on posting the links to the best threads in that section?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    I first thought this thread is about rewarding the best thread starters every week. There would be too many stickies soon if we stick the best threads. Instead, why not have ONE sticky thread in which we keep on posting the links to the best threads in that section?
    Thats good idea too. For Example i have seen so many Sticky Threads in Project Idea Section. and I have created one Thread which consists link of all threads which have good Project Ideas.

Here is the thread:- #-Link-Snipped-#
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    yes i too agree with it but how can we decide which thread is good and which is not
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Admins/Mods and senior members can help in deciding it. How about starting a weekly "Best Thread" award? I guess we can award the best thread starter every week with a gift item like any book/gadget of their choice?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Admins/Mods and senior members can help in deciding it. How about starting a weekly "Best Thread" award? I guess we can award the best thread starter every week with a gift item like any book/gadget of their choice?
    Good Idea. And One TEAM will decide the "Best Thread if the Week"
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    The_Big_K
    Yep Biggie,that was what I mean,one sticky in each section because there are many threads which go to the next page and are sometimes go unnoticed,CEans can look for best threads in that particular sticky(of that particular section),this will also motivate CEans to create a good thread so that it can be listed in that sticky.
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    The_Big_K

That would be the best idea,admin/mods will decide and it will also involve active participation and good thread contribution.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    thats really amazing friends so that every good and useful thread never end
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The idea is good Biggie. We can give prizes or we can have their names displayed on front page, this will boost other people to initialize good discussions.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes sire! That's for sure. Let me figure out the modus operandi and post it on the forum.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    THis is an amazing idea. This will definitely increase the activity.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, the best part is mods, admins and editors will be able to participate as well. ๐Ÿ˜› What say?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Cool awesome and mind blowing. (Is any mod reading this comment? ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜›)

I am in ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    Can we increase number of thread on first page?? Just few for example 5 !!
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Gaurav : You mean, you wanted to post 5 best threads in CE front page?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nope - just one thread will be elected as the 'best' thread and the thread creator will be rewarded.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hey why can't we make this thread as sticky and add all the best threads url's will be added here
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Nope - just one thread will be elected as the 'best' thread and the thread creator will be rewarded.
    Nice idea. though few suggestions from me:
    1. There should be few bench marking for electing the best thread. We have had this contest in past, and had questions for the judgement.
    2. The thread material shouldn't be stolen from copyright material
    3. Thread owner please be prepare for all the questions
    4. @ All Members - No appreciations in the threads (let that be purely technical. I remember Durga started a thread long back for appreciations. So If you like the thread go post in appreciation thread.)

Suggestions:
    We badly miss our oldies who were very active in Java / Linux section? Any body who can volunteer for that now?
    @ES - what about you taking the VBS and testing zone?
    Any mechanical / electrical engineering captain?

Its we who make any thread good, its we only who ruin the threads.

-CB
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Good points CB. @Crazyboy, captain? Do you mean 'volunteer'?

A few more from my side.
    1. The threads of people who are going to evaluate other's should not be rewarded.
    E.g.; A volunteer's thread should not be evaluated for sake of integrity.

2. A volunteer should set up bench mark for creating good threads for others.

3. It may happen that a good thread starter may not get response (although his thread may be technically sound), while a poorly started thread gets good response from others (People may post good informative posts in his thread) What would we do in that case? Please decide.

4. Precisely decide which section's threads will be evaluated. 'Technical' does it include 'post graduate entrance exam' and similar sections?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    1. There should be few bench marking for electing the best thread. We have had this contest in past, and had questions for the judgement.
    2. The thread material shouldn't be stolen from copyright material
    3. Thread owner please be prepare for all the questions
    4. @ All Members - No appreciations in the threads (let that be purely technical. I remember Durga started a thread long back for appreciations. So If you like the thread go post in appreciation thread.)
    Agreed. We'll post detailed guidelines as soon as we're done with the plan. We need to allocate budget and a proper system so that his activity can be sustained for a longer period of time.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The best one would be like a Long Thread Index for each forum. What do you say Biggie?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Design an manufacturing is an important topic for every mechanical engineering student. Lecture Series on "Design and Manufacturing" Design Of Machine Elements-I by Prof. B Maiti, Department of Mechanical Engineering,IIT...
The concept of Design For Strength - Explained. Lecture Series on Design Of Machine Elements-I by Prof. B Maiti, Department of Mechanical Engineering,IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask questions and...
I stumbled upon a photo of proposed Infosys campus in Kuwait and it looks like this - ...can someone from Infosys confirm this? I bet it's going to consume half...
Source::Education Times,The Times Of India
If you are an ebook junkie and want a converter to convert any of the popular ebook formats to the formats supported by devices like Amazon Kindle, iPad, iPhone 3,...