CrazyEngineers
  • Anoop
    Anoop

MemberOct 29, 2013

Best Software for Logo design

I'm in a dilemma as my designs on Photoshop CS3 were actually redone in Corel Draw by a technician at the printing press because he claims that CorelDraw designs have better image output clarity than those done using photoshop. Moreover, I have heard that CorelDraw is better as a logo designing tool. Has anyone of you folks worked with CorelDraw before?

I would like to know if and how it is better than photoshop.

P.S.: I've not used CorelDraw yet.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorOct 29, 2013

Well, that's the thing with the design guys. They need logos in .CDR format which is scalable. I've worked on Corel Draw several years ago; but I think there are way better software available these days.

On OSX: Check out Pixelmator [amazing alternative to Photoshop]
    On Linux: Check out GIMP [ Tagging @#-Link-Snipped-# for more suggestions]
    On Windows: I think photoshop is still the best software available. You may want to experiment with very high pixel density images and check with the Corel Draw guy if that works.

This may not be related; but the online logo design services (DIY & professional) are quite awesome. Do give them a shot & see if they fit your needs.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Harshad Italiya

MemberOct 29, 2013

I have not used CorelDraw but I would like to suggest you <a href="https://inkscape.org/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Draw Freely | Inkscape</a>.

Here is tutorial blog for Inkscape :- <a href="https://inkscapetutorials.wordpress.com/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">inkscape tutorials blog</a>

Photoshop is raster/pixel-based program while Inkscape and GIMP are vector based program. Still I am not sure about how this things have impact on quality and resolution but each of them have their own unique features. 😀
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberOct 29, 2013

Opensource Softwares : Inkscape, very good for scalable vector graphics.
    GIMP is simply awesome, but for logo creation I suggest inkscape.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register