Best Practices in Developing Test Cases

Hi Everyone,

I am Jiten from Mumbai.

Could anybody join in discussing best practices to be followed while creating/writing/developing test cases for Black Box testing?

Thanks,
Jiten Vala

Replies

• vipulb
    vipulb
    Hey Jiten..
    I am vipul working with Cybage Softwares,Pune.
    Actually I am working with white box testing...but i am intrested for black box for my next project.....lets start
  • pradeep_agrawal
    pradeep_agrawal
    I am a developer so i don't have idea of the practices for black box testing. But i think this should be considered while testing:
    - Before starting the testing, one must study the application requirement document in detail so that he/she has good understanding of the application.
    - While creating test cases he should take care that test cases are written considering the setup environment specified in the requirement document (OS, disk space, memory etc.)
    - While creating test cases he should take care that test cases are written for all the requirements.
    - While creating test cases he should take care that the test case maps to current requirement and is not an enhancement to the application.
    - Including destructive test cases (scenario which may not occur on regular basis but have chances to occur) is good, but a limit should be set for the same.

-Pradeep
  • skamthe81
    skamthe81
    while developing test cases a tester has to
    make sure of covering all requirements
    develop -ve test cases also
    make sure to use less no of test n cover most of the requirements.....for this u may use different black box testing techniques which help u choose inputs that will cover both +ve n -ve tests.......
    make sure of considering the test enviornment.......ie. h/w n s/w requirements of the software...........
    there can be more but these are a few ............

hope it prooves usefull to viewers!!!!!!!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i have buy a notebook installed with vista operating software ,at every moment it wants product code,what i can do to ignore the product code
hello everybody.... please tell me about nanotechnology? i am really unaware of this branch of science......................
Hello Friends , I am Navjeet Brar frm Muktsar,Punjab ............................... and currently pursuing B.Tech. in Mechanical Engg (3rd year) from BBSBEC............................................................................................ I am here to share my ideas on various...
can u send me the best tutorial or refrence for qt devlopement in c++ i want to do application programming thanks ankush jetly
Was doing my weekly reads when I came across this ... do you know that the Internet will stop working in 30 years. The reason being that Unix stores the...