Best Place to Learn PHP or JQuery

I have decided to learn something that I don't know and the first things that came to my mind is PHP and Jquery. Please tell me which one I should go for and any great place to learn them too. I know I can google them but an expert advice is better than using google all day over... 😀

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Depending upon your level of experience with coding, you should first start with good books on PHP and jQuery. Books are the best learning resource and online media is yet to beat it. The best way to study is to learn from books, try implementing theory in practice and discuss the problems with friends or online (like here on CE forum). That's the best and the most effective way of studying.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# I find W3schools the easiest place to learn PHP. Check - PHP Tutorial

Also, you might want to read this article - #-Link-Snipped-#

PS: Why don't you start a study group on CE itself? All PHP enthusiasts may respond to each other's difficulties while learning in a fun way.
  • chris.kent
    chris.kent
    some school libraries have e-books that they give people access to with just an e-mail. These are awesome resources as they are mostly actual textbooks and they are usually free. Check around at some of the bigger college websites. I learned PHP using this method, and am about to teach myself calculus using e-books.
  • ONKSSSSS
    ONKSSSSS
    Yeah, online material is very basic. If u want to learn some serious PHP other than just 'hello world' you better get books.
    For me#-Link-Snipped-# worked very well as a starter... then you can find for yourself..
    Good luck
  • goplaindians
    goplaindians
    If you are new to PHP then there is a one book for you i just uploaded exclusively for you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am quite confused with the term reference that people talk about so much now a days around me. They say that their brother sister etc etc will refer them...
Let us cover the basics of electrical circuits, electronic circuits and discuss similarities and differences between them. We will start from the basics and cover advance topics.
An online market where the currency was favors. Such as if you needed a piece of information, and you couldn't (didn't want to) look it up, you post it and...
respected how how i can get help from your forum?like c problems,projects and general questions answers....
Hello Engineers, With our new re-design of the CE-Home Page, a few interesting additions are made. One of them is our all-new 'Popular Tech Videos' section in the right-sidebar. Check...